“Awesome”

Hampton Inn Hickory
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I loved my stay. My room was very nice, it was clean, comfortable, and quiet. I felt safe as a female traveling alone. Service was excellent. The hotel was conveniently located (just off the interstate) close to shopping and restaurants. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank joshnme
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Hickory

Reviewed 1 October 2010

This is a fantastic brand new Hampton. I regularly stay at Hampton Inns and this is one of the best I've seen in a while. The room was spotlessly clean, the shower was fantastic, and the bed was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The only negatives were limited breakfast offerings and the price of the hotel room. $116 (with AAA discount) seems a bit extreme for Hickory, NC -- a nice town but not exactly a mecca of tourism. Management should consider a price point of $99 or a little lower. I believe the hotel was less than 1/4 full the night we stayed, and I believe a lower price will help their business tremendously. Still, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tarheel08
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We've stayed at several hotels in Hickory over the past several years, but the new Hampton Inn is the best hands down! From the warm welcome provided by the front desk staff to the bountiful complimentary breakfast buffet, everything about our stay was perfect. The hotel is located in an area with several others just off of I-40, making it convenient to shopping and restaurants. The hotel is only 7 or months old (as of Aug 2010) so everything about it is fresh and new. The rooms are comfortable and well-appointed with locally obtained furnishings. Many hotels provide a complimentary breakfast buffet, but often these are hit or miss; not at the Hickory Hampton Inn. The selection includes many of the usual breakfast items, but somehow theirs is just better presented, cleaner and generally more appetizing. If they can maintain the standard they've set so far, they'll stay booked all the time.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VABusymom
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Just opened. Designed in this millenium. Great staff, great ambiance for a Hampton Inn, the rooms are terrific. Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank rlscalgary
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I am assuming this Hampton is new. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The hotel had a large guest laundry area that was free. Overall it was a nice stay, but a little pricey for the location.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank betsyray
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We had the privilege of staying in this very new hotel and it was amazing. The prices were very reasonable for a nights stay and lower than most of the hotels right next to it. It is conveniently located next to the convention center for those seeking that facility . I loved the back door entrance that was just as welcoming and elegant as the front. Breakfast was beautifully displayed in their spacious reception area that is discreetly hidden during the day...neat design!! I loved the layout of the room as your headboard was up against the bath, as opposed to the typical layout of being up against the wall of the room next door. This provided much more privacy and noise reduction.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Canes_Fan_1
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Hickory before the new one was rebuilt, and let's just say it ranks as one of my least favorable experiences at a Hilton property; since then I have been staying at a Embassy Suites in Charlotte, NC for my business trips to Hickory. During my most recent visit, I needed to stay close by, so I decided to give the new Hampton Inn Hickory a try. Boy, am I glad I did! It was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in without all the hype and snootiness of "luxury" chains... and I have stayed in some very luxurious hotels (ie, Waldorf Astorias, Las Vegas Bellagio, Hotel Monaco, etc.). I loved the modern boutique decor. Very clean too. But that isn't the main thing - that means nothing without good service. The check-in staff was extremely courteous at both check-in and check-out - and not in a fake way. You could tell they were genuinely nice and glad you were there (perhaps it was the southern hospitality I expect, as I am a native North Carolinian myself!). Breakfast and housekeeping staff were as well. I really wish I had written down their names. I know I sound crazy describing a Hampton Inn luxurious ESPECIALLY in small town Hickory, but truly, everything was great. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank TraverseTheUniverse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hickory
Hilton Garden Inn Hickory
Courtyard Hickory
Courtyard Hickory
#7 of 13 in Hickory
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hickory

Been to Hampton Inn Hickory? Share your experiences!