“Best deal in town” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
summersville wv
“Best deal in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2008

I searched simply for the lowest priced hotel in Hickory because I wasn't spending a lot of time in the room. I was greeted and checked in by a very nice lady. The room was rather small but it had everything I needed and was very clean. The front desk called and left a message asking if I needed anything.

This is a bargain for the price.

• Liked — cleanliness and friendliness
  • Disliked — 2 nearby restaurants closed
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ovieotus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2006

Having stayed in 5 star hotels most of my life, I stopped late at night off of exit 125 in Hickory NC and was greeted by a most gracious host by the name of Gary. Although it was 3:00 in the morning he was very alert, friendly, and made me feel more welcome than I have at most 5 star motels. He even walked me to my room and made sure I got in safely. The room was average, but very clean, but the hospitality of the Office personnel certainly made up for the fact that this may not be rate 5 starts by anyone, but after staying here one time, I will definately be back. I was surprised by the quality I received for my price plus the advantage of having a cappicinno machine right in the lobby. If your tired and travelling late at night....take exit 125 off Interstate 40. If your lucky enough to be greeted by Gary you are in for a nice laugh. I appreciate his sence of humour and the kindness he showed a totally exhausted late night traveller. I will definately stay here next time I come through.

Yours truly,