“Good room for the price”

Red Roof Inn Hickory
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Rabbit Gut, OK
“Good room for the price”
Reviewed 24 May 2008

After reading the reviews and making reservations for this hotel I worried that I would be the one that got the bad room. Because after all, its a fifty dollar room on the interstate. It was bound to be dirty or infested or have a bed that rolls you to the middle when you lay on it. Or even worse...All of the above.

Heres the facts

The price was low
The room was clean
The people were friendly
The bed was comfortable
The shower was hot
We were happy

And our luggage was perfectly happy too, while we spent the day exploring the area and having a nice lunch on some of the money we saved on lodging.

I love it when a plan comes together.

• Liked — Great value
  • Disliked — Wasn't free
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RabbitGut

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
ohio
Reviewed 5 April 2008

Stayed overnight on 3/10/08..arrived late and were greeted by very pleasant desk staff. We were originally hesitant as it was one of the cheapest hotels around...and then we were pleasantly surprised. Room was nice, nothing fancy but pleasantly decorated, very clean and comfortable. Had all the amenities..we were also pet friendly and didn't feel like we'd been placed in the worst room in the hotel as happens at many pet friendly hotels.
Plenty of outdoor area to air pets too. Only drawback might be that the room was fairly small, but we were only there overnight and it suited us perfectly.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — small room, hard to see entrance sign
  • Stayed March 2008
1 Thank sremos
summersville wv
Reviewed 20 February 2008

I searched simply for the lowest priced hotel in Hickory because I wasn't spending a lot of time in the room. I was greeted and checked in by a very nice lady. The room was rather small but it had everything I needed and was very clean. The front desk called and left a message asking if I needed anything.

This is a bargain for the price.

• Liked — cleanliness and friendliness
  • Disliked — 2 nearby restaurants closed
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ovieotus
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 May 2006

Having stayed in 5 star hotels most of my life, I stopped late at night off of exit 125 in Hickory NC and was greeted by a most gracious host by the name of Gary. Although it was 3:00 in the morning he was very alert, friendly, and made me feel more welcome than I have at most 5 star motels. He even walked me to my room and made sure I got in safely. The room was average, but very clean, but the hospitality of the Office personnel certainly made up for the fact that this may not be rate 5 starts by anyone, but after staying here one time, I will definately be back. I was surprised by the quality I received for my price plus the advantage of having a cappicinno machine right in the lobby. If your tired and travelling late at night....take exit 125 off Interstate 40. If your lucky enough to be greeted by Gary you are in for a nice laugh. I appreciate his sence of humour and the kindness he showed a totally exhausted late night traveller. I will definately stay here next time I come through.

Yours truly,