“Enjoyed our stay - unreal value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Hickory

Red Roof Inn Hickory
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Fayetteville, NC
“Enjoyed our stay - unreal value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2008

When planning to attend my brother-in-law's graduation ceremony at Lenoir-Rhyne College we booked a room at this hotel. Our primary reason in booking this hotel is because it was the only pet friendly place in the area we could find. To our surprise it was extremely affordable, close to the college, convenient off the interstate and there was no additional pet fee which was the biggest surprise. We had never really stayed at a Red Roof before but were pleased to find good reviews on here about the place. We had a great experience from the time we pulled up until the time we left. The front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful. Our room was ready and very clean and very accessible on the first floor. My wife was nearly 8 months pregnant at the time so that was great. The room had 1 king bed which was very comfortable. There was also plenty of room and there were more seating areas for visitors. I booked the room that came with free internet access. It was easy to connect too and worked great. The bathrooms were clean and passed my wife's inspection which is always tough to do. This hotel is in such a great location even if you are not going to be near the college. It is right off I-40 and near all the restaurants and shopping areas. The deal we got was just unreal. I couldn't believe what we paid and how great everything was. Look, it's not the Hilton but everyone should know that. You don't stay there for luxury, however, it is clean, in a great location, very affordable and has plenty of extras you need for a good stay. My wifes family stayed at what I guess they thought were "classier, more expensive" hotels and would not stay where we did. I visited their rooms and I would stay at the Red Roof over theirs in a heart beat. Thanks Red Roof! Two thumbs up. Maybe we'll see you again one day. If we're ever in Hickory thats a definite.

• Liked — pet friendly, no pet fee, location, value
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jlfharv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Rabbit Gut, OK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2008

After reading the reviews and making reservations for this hotel I worried that I would be the one that got the bad room. Because after all, its a fifty dollar room on the interstate. It was bound to be dirty or infested or have a bed that rolls you to the middle when you lay on it. Or even worse...All of the above.

Heres the facts

The price was low
The room was clean
The people were friendly
The bed was comfortable
The shower was hot
We were happy

And our luggage was perfectly happy too, while we spent the day exploring the area and having a nice lunch on some of the money we saved on lodging.

I love it when a plan comes together.

• Liked — Great value
  • Disliked — Wasn't free
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RabbitGut
ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2008

Stayed overnight on 3/10/08..arrived late and were greeted by very pleasant desk staff. We were originally hesitant as it was one of the cheapest hotels around...and then we were pleasantly surprised. Room was nice, nothing fancy but pleasantly decorated, very clean and comfortable. Had all the amenities..we were also pet friendly and didn't feel like we'd been placed in the worst room in the hotel as happens at many pet friendly hotels.
Plenty of outdoor area to air pets too. Only drawback might be that the room was fairly small, but we were only there overnight and it suited us perfectly.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — small room, hard to see entrance sign
  • Stayed March 2008
1 Thank sremos
summersville wv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2008

I searched simply for the lowest priced hotel in Hickory because I wasn't spending a lot of time in the room. I was greeted and checked in by a very nice lady. The room was rather small but it had everything I needed and was very clean. The front desk called and left a message asking if I needed anything.

This is a bargain for the price.

• Liked — cleanliness and friendliness
  • Disliked — 2 nearby restaurants closed
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ovieotus
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2006

Having stayed in 5 star hotels most of my life, I stopped late at night off of exit 125 in Hickory NC and was greeted by a most gracious host by the name of Gary. Although it was 3:00 in the morning he was very alert, friendly, and made me feel more welcome than I have at most 5 star motels. He even walked me to my room and made sure I got in safely. The room was average, but very clean, but the hospitality of the Office personnel certainly made up for the fact that this may not be rate 5 starts by anyone, but after staying here one time, I will definately be back. I was surprised by the quality I received for my price plus the advantage of having a cappicinno machine right in the lobby. If your tired and travelling late at night....take exit 125 off Interstate 40. If your lucky enough to be greeted by Gary you are in for a nice laugh. I appreciate his sence of humour and the kindness he showed a totally exhausted late night traveller. I will definately stay here next time I come through.

Yours truly,