“Okay stay.”

Red Roof Inn Hickory
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Downside: The standard hotel room was VERY SMALL. The bathroom was a miniature closet space with a toilet and tub, sink was outside with the room. Air conditioner was old and noisy. My itinerary said I could check in at 1 PM, but beware that the staff won't let you check in until 3 pm (apparently this is their guideline)

Upside: Bed was comfortable, towels replaced everyday during our 3 day stay.

Room Tip: If you have claustrophobia, I wouldn't recommend this place.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Kimberly W, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Values Guest,

We are very sorry that your air condtioner unit was noisy. It is our goal to ensure that each guest has a pleasant restful stay with us.Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have been replacing all older units in efforts to correct this problem. We hope that you will come back and stay with us and see the changes that we have been making.

Kimberly Wensl GM

Reviewed 14 September 2013

First let me say that if you're a smoker and have no sense of smell, you'll think I'm crazy.

If you are NOT a smoker, then be warned. Though the rooms look ok, they might as well have installed air conditioners from a chain smoker's home! Our family booked two rooms, BOTH smelled terribly of cigarette smoke, (even though they were non-smoking) and one had a broken air conditioner. The rooms were fairly clean but the air-conditioners were blowing out horribly stinky air the whole night. I even woke up thinking I was smelling burned spaghetti sauce it was so pungent!

NASTY!

we cancelled our reservation for the remaining nights. Also we were not offered any discounted price due to the nasty air.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker choose another hotel! All "Non-Smoking" means in the advertisem...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Kimberly W, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Values Guest,

Let me say that I sincerely apologize for the smell that the air conditioners were putting off in your room. At Red Roof Inn in Hickory we truely care for each and every guest and hope that each guest has a positive experience. I would like you to know that we have ordered several new air conditioners and have spent a great deal of time to ensure that this problem never happens again. We do hope that you will come and stay with us again and give us the chance to show you that each concern is addressed and corrected. I want to sincerely thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. You have given us another way to improve the quality of service that we can offer our guests!

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

So much better then i thought! The best motel I have ever stayed in!!!! No problems! The bed was AMAZING!!! I slept SO well! The staff was great! The room was clean..I will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2013

THANKS!!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review. We absolutely love feedback at Red Roof. Feedback lets us know when we are doing well and when we have room for improvement! I am so pleased that you had a positive experience with us during your stay. I am even happier to hear that you will be back. We look forward to serving you again. I will let the staff know of your great review!

Thanks,

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Excellent stay. I just finished writing a review for this chain for a location in Chapel Hill NC. We stayed in this one on our return a couple weeks later. It is a mirror of the other one. It is an excellent place to stay. We were in a Superior King and it's well worth it to reserve. It's clean, fresh and pretty. Great value and a wonderful nights sleep. We have a new favorite in Red Roof Inn. The service was wonderful and with a smile.

Room Tip: Go for the King Superior. It's worth the few extra bucks.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arkansasfella

THANK YOU!

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that we are your new favorite chain! That's Great. We take great pride in knowing that you have plenty of other choices for your travel needs but you have chosen us! I will be sure to pass along your review to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again and prviding you with great servce.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I was on the cell phone making a reservation at another hotel when I saw a billboard for the Red Roof for rooms starting at $45.99, so I hung up and drove 3 exits farther down. I was a little leary of Red Roof because of a previous experience, but this one has all new beds that are very comfortable. I asked for the least expensive room that they had as I was on a very tight budget. It had no microwave, fridge or coffee maker, but that was fine. (They do have rooms that have them.) The gentleman on duty that night was Gordon, an exceptionally nice man. Some may think that the rooms are small, but compared to one of the other chains, they are plenty large enough for an overnight stay. (We liked it so well we stayed there again on our return trip four days later.) My husband has a very bad back, but he said that it was the best nights sleep he had ever had in a motel. Our room the first night was at the very back and they had a policeman waling around making sure everything was OK which made us feel even more secure. They don't offer any breakfast, but for the savings in the price of the room, we can buy breakfast somewhere. They do have coffee in the lobby, and it was very good even out of a styrofoam cup. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good night's stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy18_12
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

I would like to thank you for your comments! I am so happy that our staff and our hotel made such a positive impact on you! We at Red Roof Inn really strive to promote a positive connection with our guests. We love feedback! I look forward to sharing your review with the team!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

if you are looking for an inexpensive, clean place to rest, the red roof inn in hickory, nc is the place to stay. the staff especially ms cole was awesome. she and the staff were very hospitable and efficient with my family. I would recommend anyone looking for a modest, clean hotel that is staying or passing thru hickory area to stay at this location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank J R

Thank you SO MUCH for your wonderful review of our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to let us know. I will share your comments with our entire staff. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I stay hear on Saturdays on business and if you want a clean room at a low price, its perfect

I like the in room safe. Always good in a budget hotel.

There staff could use a little more training but the are plrasent .

• Stayed: July 2013
redroof152, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with our hotel here in the beautiful town of Hickory. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations and that our location suited your needs during your trip. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope that we may serve you again in the future should your travels return you to the Hickory area.