“Disappointed a bit”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Pantego, NC, USA
“Disappointed a bit”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The reviews were good. So, we booked it. The price was ok. The sign at check-in said free coffee making materials in the king rooms. We had a king room and no coffee materials anywhere. There was a Sub sandwich in the refrigerator. Question is: How long? We declined to find out. There was matted hairs in the tub. Not one or two, but probably 20+. Long, black ones. Forgot to check when booking, but USUALLY, a motel has some type of breakfast. This one, nada, none, nothing. So, all in all, probably would not stay here again or recommend this motel. For some of you, you would love this place. It allows pets. We know, because the guy next door had 3 dogs that barked at any noise, anywhere within earshot. They also had 3 handicapped rooms, of which I had one. They had one handicapped parking space for 3 rooms. Anyone see any problem with this?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would like you to know that we truly value all feedback and take all complaints seriously. I understand how distressing it can be to go into a room that was not properly cleaned. I have recently completed a re-training program with many of the staff members and we feel confident as a team that this type of situation will not occur again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and providing us the opportunity to improve our level of service. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in the area you will stop in and give us the opportunity to show you the improvements we have made.

Kimberly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Savannah
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Room was clean but spartan--no mini-fridge for example. Hotel is convenient to the interstate and there are plenty of places to eat nearby--some within walking distance. Staff was friendly at check in and check out was a simple dropping of the keys on the front desk counter. If you simply need a place to stay that is quiet and reasonably priced, this hotel is worth your consideration.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience at our Inn! Our staff knows the importance of maintaining a positive, friendly, and professional presence at all times. We truly want each and every guest to feel Confident, Significant, and Delighted with our service and our rooms. We know that you have many choices for your lodging needs and we thank you for choosing us. We appreciate your feedback and welcome you back to Hickory Red Roof Inn any time!

Kimberly Wensil
Pungoteague, Virginia
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stopped here on a road trip with small dogs. Room was clean. Able to park car right outside room. Staff was efficient and friendly. Grounds were clean where dogs were walked, plenty of grassy areas. Bed comfortable. Great value for just an overnight stay and as a single traveler felt relatively safe.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Traveler,

THANK YOU! We are so glad that you have found value in our Inn. As you know we are pet friendly and love meeting our guests pets! We take pride in providing not only you with a clean room to stay in, but providing all our pets with clean grounds to play on! I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to the next time you pass through.

Thanks Again,

Kimberly
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Downside: The standard hotel room was VERY SMALL. The bathroom was a miniature closet space with a toilet and tub, sink was outside with the room. Air conditioner was old and noisy. My itinerary said I could check in at 1 PM, but beware that the staff won't let you check in until 3 pm (apparently this is their guideline)

Upside: Bed was comfortable, towels replaced everyday during our 3 day stay.

Room Tip: If you have claustrophobia, I wouldn't recommend this place.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kimberly W, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Values Guest,

We are very sorry that your air condtioner unit was noisy. It is our goal to ensure that each guest has a pleasant restful stay with us.Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have been replacing all older units in efforts to correct this problem. We hope that you will come back and stay with us and see the changes that we have been making.

Kimberly Wensl GM
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 September 2013

First let me say that if you're a smoker and have no sense of smell, you'll think I'm crazy.

If you are NOT a smoker, then be warned. Though the rooms look ok, they might as well have installed air conditioners from a chain smoker's home! Our family booked two rooms, BOTH smelled terribly of cigarette smoke, (even though they were non-smoking) and one had a broken air conditioner. The rooms were fairly clean but the air-conditioners were blowing out horribly stinky air the whole night. I even woke up thinking I was smelling burned spaghetti sauce it was so pungent!

NASTY!

we cancelled our reservation for the remaining nights. Also we were not offered any discounted price due to the nasty air.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker choose another hotel! All "Non-Smoking" means in the advertisem...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kimberly W, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Values Guest,

Let me say that I sincerely apologize for the smell that the air conditioners were putting off in your room. At Red Roof Inn in Hickory we truely care for each and every guest and hope that each guest has a positive experience. I would like you to know that we have ordered several new air conditioners and have spent a great deal of time to ensure that this problem never happens again. We do hope that you will come and stay with us again and give us the chance to show you that each concern is addressed and corrected. I want to sincerely thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. You have given us another way to improve the quality of service that we can offer our guests!

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

So much better then i thought! The best motel I have ever stayed in!!!! No problems! The bed was AMAZING!!! I slept SO well! The staff was great! The room was clean..I will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed August 2013
THANKS!!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review. We absolutely love feedback at Red Roof. Feedback lets us know when we are doing well and when we have room for improvement! I am so pleased that you had a positive experience with us during your stay. I am even happier to hear that you will be back. We look forward to serving you again. I will let the staff know of your great review!

Thanks,

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Excellent stay. I just finished writing a review for this chain for a location in Chapel Hill NC. We stayed in this one on our return a couple weeks later. It is a mirror of the other one. It is an excellent place to stay. We were in a Superior King and it's well worth it to reserve. It's clean, fresh and pretty. Great value and a wonderful nights sleep. We have a new favorite in Red Roof Inn. The service was wonderful and with a smile.

Room Tip: Go for the King Superior. It's worth the few extra bucks.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arkansasfella
THANK YOU!

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that we are your new favorite chain! That's Great. We take great pride in knowing that you have plenty of other choices for your travel needs but you have chosen us! I will be sure to pass along your review to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again and prviding you with great servce.