“Cheap and Clean off the Interstate”

Red Roof Inn Hickory
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Budapest, Hungary
“Cheap and Clean off the Interstate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Last week my fiance and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Hickory, NC while visiting family in that part of NC. The hotel was bare bones, but very clean and well within our tight after-Christmas budget.

Our room was not large, but it was spacious enough. The bathroom was small, but clean and functional. We had a microwave and a desk. The woman at the front desk was kind and gave us a 12:30 PM check-out even though their stated check-out in 11:00 AM.

This hotel won't win any awards for beauty or atmosphere, but for cleanliness and friendliness on a tight budget it's well worth it.

Room Tip: We chose our rooms via priceline.com, and got a king-sized bed with amenities such as a microwave fo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your honest assessment of our location! We are here for travelers who need clean rooms at a nice price. I am glad you stopped in to see us and hope that you will visit other locations. Red Roof Inn has some wonderful changes in store. Keep your eyes on us to see what's coming next!

Thanks!!

Kimberly =) GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Years ago I routinely stayed at Red Roof but the chain was sold and the new owners failed to maintain the standards of the founders. After encountering more than one dirty and poorly maintained room and no satisfaction from corporate when I complained I simply stopped staying at the chain for the past several years. However this location was near where I needed to be the next day and I was able to book at a very reasonable rate. I also knew new corporate owners had purchases from the previous. I took a chance and was delighted. Room was new, clean and beautifully appointed and comfortable. Staff extremely courteous. Exceptional price value. I also like a room where I can park at my door and not down a long interior noisy corridor and far from a fire or emergency exit. Overall I was delighted with this place.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you gave our brand a try again! With over 300 inns throughout the United States and most being renovated I am sure that you will find other locations that you enjoyed as much as ours. We are truly happy to have such a great staff who genuinely cares for each and every guest we have the opportunity to serve. I hope that you will visit other locations and keep being pleasantly surprised!!

Thank you so much!

Kimberly, GM
Crossville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean and comfortable room at a very good price. The staff was helpful and friendly, the room was nicely appointed and extremely clean. The location is very convenient off of I-40. Having experienced a few sub-standard motels over the years, staying at this property was a pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the positive review. I am so pleased to hear that you had a good stay. Many guests do appreciate the fact that we are so close to the interstate. Our staff takes pride in providing clean rooms and excellent customer service. We are so happy to greet and serve every person that comes our way. We look forward to serving you again.

Thanks Again,

Pantego, NC, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

The reviews were good. So, we booked it. The price was ok. The sign at check-in said free coffee making materials in the king rooms. We had a king room and no coffee materials anywhere. There was a Sub sandwich in the refrigerator. Question is: How long? We declined to find out. There was matted hairs in the tub. Not one or two, but probably 20+. Long, black ones. Forgot to check when booking, but USUALLY, a motel has some type of breakfast. This one, nada, none, nothing. So, all in all, probably would not stay here again or recommend this motel. For some of you, you would love this place. It allows pets. We know, because the guy next door had 3 dogs that barked at any noise, anywhere within earshot. They also had 3 handicapped rooms, of which I had one. They had one handicapped parking space for 3 rooms. Anyone see any problem with this?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would like you to know that we truly value all feedback and take all complaints seriously. I understand how distressing it can be to go into a room that was not properly cleaned. I have recently completed a re-training program with many of the staff members and we feel confident as a team that this type of situation will not occur again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and providing us the opportunity to improve our level of service. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in the area you will stop in and give us the opportunity to show you the improvements we have made.

Savannah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Room was clean but spartan--no mini-fridge for example. Hotel is convenient to the interstate and there are plenty of places to eat nearby--some within walking distance. Staff was friendly at check in and check out was a simple dropping of the keys on the front desk counter. If you simply need a place to stay that is quiet and reasonably priced, this hotel is worth your consideration.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience at our Inn! Our staff knows the importance of maintaining a positive, friendly, and professional presence at all times. We truly want each and every guest to feel Confident, Significant, and Delighted with our service and our rooms. We know that you have many choices for your lodging needs and we thank you for choosing us. We appreciate your feedback and welcome you back to Hickory Red Roof Inn any time!

Kimberly Wensil
Pungoteague, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stopped here on a road trip with small dogs. Room was clean. Able to park car right outside room. Staff was efficient and friendly. Grounds were clean where dogs were walked, plenty of grassy areas. Bed comfortable. Great value for just an overnight stay and as a single traveler felt relatively safe.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Traveler,

THANK YOU! We are so glad that you have found value in our Inn. As you know we are pet friendly and love meeting our guests pets! We take pride in providing not only you with a clean room to stay in, but providing all our pets with clean grounds to play on! I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to the next time you pass through.

Thanks Again,

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Downside: The standard hotel room was VERY SMALL. The bathroom was a miniature closet space with a toilet and tub, sink was outside with the room. Air conditioner was old and noisy. My itinerary said I could check in at 1 PM, but beware that the staff won't let you check in until 3 pm (apparently this is their guideline)

Upside: Bed was comfortable, towels replaced everyday during our 3 day stay.

Room Tip: If you have claustrophobia, I wouldn't recommend this place.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kimberly W, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Values Guest,

We are very sorry that your air condtioner unit was noisy. It is our goal to ensure that each guest has a pleasant restful stay with us.Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have been replacing all older units in efforts to correct this problem. We hope that you will come back and stay with us and see the changes that we have been making.

Kimberly Wensl GM