“better than average”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Conover, North Carolina
“better than average”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We were in town to visit with family. On our first night we stayed at another hotel (Days Inn), and had an awful experience with the heater not working and a grouchy manager. The next night we decided to try Red Roof Inn on our daughters advice. What a difference! The room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable, and they were able to get us in on the ground floor...we are both seniors and stairs are difficult. Easy check in and out, and we also got a senior discount which made the room about 20.00 less than the other room. We will definitely stay here again when we come to Hickory.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us! We LOVE feedback and are always so delighted to hear when our guests have a great stay. We try very hard to accommodate all requests and know that it is important to make each and every guest feel Confident, Significant, and Delighted! I was very happy to hear that you will be staying with us whenever you are in town. Don't forget to go online and apply for our RediCard! It's a great way to earn points for a Free Nights Stay!

Kimberly, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stay at Red Roof Inns often because we like the free internet, typically good locations off interstates, and that they accept pets for free. We made reservations here for a quick weekend away in the mountains. It was not up to the standards of the other Red Roof Inns we stayed at as many of them have been recently renovated. When we got there we were informed that the washing machines were broken and it was taking extraordinarily longer to wash sheets and that the first floor room that we reserved was not ready. We were asked to move to a two-double bed room which we agreed since we had our dog with us and needed to get her settled before dinner. She said it was no "upgrade charge" but when we got to our room it did not have the microwave or the refrigerator like we reserved. Oh well....I did not say anything (I should have). During the night we saw police driving around the parking lot too, which I had never seen before. The fan on the heating unit had a slight rattle too. There were lots of nearby restaurants, and it is easy to find right off interstate. So, this is a basic room, no frills.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I sincerely apologize that our washing machine was down on the day of your arrival. Some of our properties have undergone our Next Generation remodel and we are so very proud of them. Our staff here at Hickory strives to provide our guests with very clean rooms and outstanding customer service. We do hope that you will come back and stay with us in the future and give us a second opportunity to WOW you =).

Grovetown, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My Wife & I stayed there thru New Years day while visiting family in hickory.It was very clean and had a microwave and flat screen TV,fridge,very comfortable chairs and a nice desk area to work with a laptop also wifi. the people at the front desk were very helpful. all this at a great price. will stay there again.

Room Tip: none they all seem excellant
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad we had the opportunity to serve you well. We know that many travelers need a comfortable place to sit and work on their laptops. Our in room computer desks are just the ticket. Coupled with free WIFI guests can finish up their work then relax on our new mattresses and enjoy the flat screen. I am so pleased that you enjoyed these features. We look forward to serving you again next time you're in town.

Thanks A lot,

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Last week my fiance and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Hickory, NC while visiting family in that part of NC. The hotel was bare bones, but very clean and well within our tight after-Christmas budget.

Our room was not large, but it was spacious enough. The bathroom was small, but clean and functional. We had a microwave and a desk. The woman at the front desk was kind and gave us a 12:30 PM check-out even though their stated check-out in 11:00 AM.

This hotel won't win any awards for beauty or atmosphere, but for cleanliness and friendliness on a tight budget it's well worth it.

Room Tip: We chose our rooms via priceline.com, and got a king-sized bed with amenities such as a microwave fo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your honest assessment of our location! We are here for travelers who need clean rooms at a nice price. I am glad you stopped in to see us and hope that you will visit other locations. Red Roof Inn has some wonderful changes in store. Keep your eyes on us to see what's coming next!

Thanks!!

Kimberly =) GM
GA
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Years ago I routinely stayed at Red Roof but the chain was sold and the new owners failed to maintain the standards of the founders. After encountering more than one dirty and poorly maintained room and no satisfaction from corporate when I complained I simply stopped staying at the chain for the past several years. However this location was near where I needed to be the next day and I was able to book at a very reasonable rate. I also knew new corporate owners had purchases from the previous. I took a chance and was delighted. Room was new, clean and beautifully appointed and comfortable. Staff extremely courteous. Exceptional price value. I also like a room where I can park at my door and not down a long interior noisy corridor and far from a fire or emergency exit. Overall I was delighted with this place.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you gave our brand a try again! With over 300 inns throughout the United States and most being renovated I am sure that you will find other locations that you enjoyed as much as ours. We are truly happy to have such a great staff who genuinely cares for each and every guest we have the opportunity to serve. I hope that you will visit other locations and keep being pleasantly surprised!!

Thank you so much!

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean and comfortable room at a very good price. The staff was helpful and friendly, the room was nicely appointed and extremely clean. The location is very convenient off of I-40. Having experienced a few sub-standard motels over the years, staying at this property was a pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kimberly W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hickory, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the positive review. I am so pleased to hear that you had a good stay. Many guests do appreciate the fact that we are so close to the interstate. Our staff takes pride in providing clean rooms and excellent customer service. We are so happy to greet and serve every person that comes our way. We look forward to serving you again.

Thanks Again,

Kimberly
Pantego, NC, USA
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The reviews were good. So, we booked it. The price was ok. The sign at check-in said free coffee making materials in the king rooms. We had a king room and no coffee materials anywhere. There was a Sub sandwich in the refrigerator. Question is: How long? We declined to find out. There was matted hairs in the tub. Not one or two, but probably 20+. Long, black ones. Forgot to check when booking, but USUALLY, a motel has some type of breakfast. This one, nada, none, nothing. So, all in all, probably would not stay here again or recommend this motel. For some of you, you would love this place. It allows pets. We know, because the guy next door had 3 dogs that barked at any noise, anywhere within earshot. They also had 3 handicapped rooms, of which I had one. They had one handicapped parking space for 3 rooms. Anyone see any problem with this?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would like you to know that we truly value all feedback and take all complaints seriously. I understand how distressing it can be to go into a room that was not properly cleaned. I have recently completed a re-training program with many of the staff members and we feel confident as a team that this type of situation will not occur again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and providing us the opportunity to improve our level of service. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in the area you will stop in and give us the opportunity to show you the improvements we have made.

Kimberly