“4 out of 5 stars” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Chicago, Illinois
“4 out of 5 stars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I recently stayed here for 2 nights and couldn't have been more impressed! It is a very nice hotel for a very reasonable price ($44 per night). I believe it used to be a Comfort Inn which explains the nicely decorated lobby and comfortable rooms (This usually isn't the case in most Motel 6's if you aren't familiar with the chain). It was relaxing. No noise whatsoever and it was a nice and safe environment to enjoy my few days off. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The furniture was slightly worn, but not a problem for me. The lady at the front desk was pleasant and very helpful. Only real drawback was that they don't have flatscreens. But, the amount of channels in the lineup more than made up for that. They don't offer breakfast in the morning, just coffee. It is centrally located around many restaurants. To include, but not limited to Hooter's, Waffle House, Zaxby's, Outback, Five Guys Burgers. If you try to bring a tractor-trailer in there be careful. 1 maybe 2 spots for parking. It is a little difficult to turn around in there if cars are in the lot. All in all it was very enjoyable. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Warrington, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

No problem with getting a room which was clean. However we had to place 2-3 calls to the front desk because the people above us we either having a WWF Match or Romper Room. Finally the offered to move us across the hall but I suggested at the other end of the motel. Motel is very convient to various restaurants, even within walking distance. However the next morning we both felt like we had been run over by a truck. Our bodies were in pain probably from the spring like structures in the mattress......

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
pittsgrove, nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

We were visiting our daughter for a few days so purposely chose this place because they advertise free breakfast. Well, there is NO breakfast. There are a couple of coffee pots and if you are lucky you can get a complimentary cup. The room was clean and the place seemed safe so for our purposes it worked.

Room Tip: They offer reduced rates for people attending events at Lenoir Rhyne
Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jen m
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

This hotel is now a Motel 6 and very pet friendly. I've stayed at this hotel before; it's very convenient to the Fairgrounds where I attended a cat show. I also noticed alot of my fellow cat people staying at the Motel 6--it's very, very pet friendly. I recognized the young man on the front desk (sorry, didn't get his name) but he's been there 2+ years and my check-in was quick and pleasant. My guest room was fine, no complaints. The hotel doesn't serve breakfast anymore, just coffee, but there's a WaffleHouse nearby. Hooters is next door, and I had a great burger and fries and their service was great!

The was no fridge nor micro in my room but I got an inexpensive rate and therefore no complaints. Best part: the shower! Would definitely recommend to those traveling with pets.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank TuxedosToGo
SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

We were there for a couple of nights. It's a good place for a short, quiet trip, esp those on a budget or not looking to spend a fortune on a hotel. Plus we were traveling with our dog, which we always appreciate that Motel 6 is accomodating to pet owners, and doesn't charge all the crazy extra fees that some do. This motel appears to have formerly been an old La Quinta Inn or similar motel. They were doing renovations, so we were only able to get a non-smoking queen, otherwise I would have probably preferred a double queen. The only double queen rooms still available were smoking. All the non-smoking had already been booked. Our room was clean and comfortable though. The shower stall had plenty of room and the water pressure was heavenly! Good stay! We had a nice time in the Hickory area, and staying there at Motel 6 made it even more worth while! Also, the front desk folks were always friendly and helpful. One of them, an Indian gentleman was very nice and helped us find a hard to locate restaurant we were wanting to try. He even printed off driving directions for us. They were all super nice at this motel. I will def stay there again the next time we visit the Hickory area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ShowDogCrazy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed here due to a house fire we had 4 rooms booked they were very rude insincere made us very uncomfortable The housekeeper went of on my mother that has alziemers for no reason she had her in tears once my husband asked for a towel they yelled at him and said NO Then to make it even worse after we had already stayed 6 days we went down to pay for another and they lied and said they were all booked up so then to make thing even worse when we went and made reservations at a hotel next door they called them and told them lies and that hotel canceled us they also called other hotels in the area as well I have 5 children had lost everything I own andbwasvtreated like absolute dirt they were the most coldhearted people ever please don't give this place your business also they kept calling my room telling me to keep my kids quiet and once my kids weren't even here and another they were sleeping it was not my kids it was kids across the hall my experience was absolutely TERRIBLE

• Stayed September 2012
Roberts, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We had planned to stay in Ashville when a rude hotel experience there spurred us on to Hickory. We stayed at the Motel 6 because it was inexpensive and allowed our dog. We just wanted a place to sleep; however, we received a friendly and helpful staff, a double room where the kids had their own space and we had ours, and a quiet place to sleep, even though I encountered rowdy youth in the hallway, I couldn't hear them in the room. It was a wonderful place to spend a weary night. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family