“Jerry O'Neal is a great shuttle van driver”

Biltmore Suites Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in High Point
South Carolina
“Jerry O'Neal is a great shuttle van driver”
Reviewed 21 April 2008

Great staff and rooms were very good for the price. The price were right because we put two golfers per room and split the bill. Eight of us were on a four day golf trip and stayed with them for three nights. They list the rooms as suites but they are really large rooms with two queen beds seperated by a small half wall and then a sofa, and two chairs with a coffee table. The only complaint that we had as a group was that the tvs were very old, not flat screen and hard to see.
Jerry O' Neal was the hotel shuttle driver and he took the eight of us to dinner in the hotel van on Saturday night and sunday night. All we had to do was call when we were done and he picked us up in a few minutes. Very accomodating and he recommended restaurants which were both resonable and had very excellent food. If you go there ask for Jerry O'Neal for recommendations. The hotel is convenient to I-40 at exit 210, and centrally located for golf courses.

• Liked — Close to I-40 and golf
  • Disliked — Very Old TVs
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cullowhee NC
Reviewed 6 April 2008

We booked this hotel so that we could leave our car in the hotel parking lot while we were on vacatrion and take the hotel shuttle to and from the airport. I called the hotel before I booked the room to verify that they had a free airport shuttle. Whejn we arrived, we were assured that the hotel shuttle would be available the next moprning. However, when we needed the shuttle the next morning we were told that the shuttle bus had broken down. We had to take an airport shuttle for $22. Before we left, I inquired if the shuttle would be available when we returned from our vacation. We were assured it would be. We returned a week later at 3:30pm and called the shuttle to pick us up at the airport. We were then told that the shuttle did not run between 2:00 and 5:00pm. We again had to take an airport shuttle for $20.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these High Point hotels

PA
Reviewed 14 January 2008

I called the hotel directly and made reservations because of an advertised special on their website of any suite room for $79.00 a night for 3 weekend nights which is what I needed, but you needed to call them to get the rate.

The girl taking the reservations was quite helpful and friendly.

We arrived after midnight after a long car ride and were greeted by "Norman" at the front desk.
He was extremely nice and made check in a breeze.

The room was advertised as a suite with a Jacuzzi tub.
The suite consisted of a king size bed and a sofa bed on the other side of a small dividing wall.

It was more than adequate for our stay ... the housekeeping staff was friendly as well as any of the staff that we talked too during our stay.

The gym only consisted of a treadmill so if you are looking for a real workout facility this wouldn't be the place.

The Jacuzzi tub was located in the bathroom with a sliding mirrored door that you can access from the room alongside of the King sized bed, never saw that kind of set up before so that was unique.

It is located in a quiet area .. at least it is in January, and easy to access to interstates.

While not over the top with extras if you are looking for a decent hotel in a safe area at a good price I would definitely go with the Biltmore High Point NC.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
central NC
Reviewed 26 July 2007

The room could have been cleaner....smelled musty and was a bit humid. The bathroom pocket door did not close completely. The shower door was partly off its runner. The AC unit was directly beside the bed so the air did not circulate properly. Feet and legs freeze! A king-size bed was too large for the space. Pillows were lumpy and crackly. The so-called breakfast was really bad. The front desk staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
Johnson City TN.
Reviewed 11 July 2007

I recently stayed at the Biltmore Suites Hotel and I loved it!!! I do a lot of traveling and this hotel ranks in the top 3. The staff were so helpful and friendly! I checked into my room and discovered that my remote for the tv was not working; the front desk girl was very apologetic and I had a new remote in a couple of minutes! I like to think that I made some friends at the Biltmore Suites during my 3 day stay. The breakfast is very good and the free beer and wine in the evening is great!!! The only thing is that the hotel may want to provide something for children as well.To sum it up; I was very pleased and impressed by the upscale quality of the hotel and the incredible staff!!!!! I highly recommend the Biltmore!!!!

• Liked — friendly staff and great rooms!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
Shadyside, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2007

We stayed at the Biltmore Suites in High Point NC on our way to Topsail NC. It was easy to find and not far from the interstate. It was very welcoming upon entering and the front desk staff is very friendly, accomodating and welcoming. They gave us coupons for free appetizers at the lovely restaurant across the street called Steak Street, which was delicious and beautiful. They had a small but nice manager's reception in the evening and a small but tasty breakfast in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable and the building was quiet and nicely decorated. We plan to return again next year on our way to the beach again.

• Liked — friendliness of front desk staff and coupson for restaurant across the street
  • Disliked — evening reception staff (one person) and breakfast staff) one person not that friendly
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed 21 July 2005

The Biltmore has a lot of potential but I think I caught it on a bad day. I was supposed to be staying there for High Point fabric show but it seemed doomed from the start.

I had made reservations almost a month in advance for a suite but when I called back to confirm before the trip, they had the reservation wrong. The desk clerk was very helpful in fixing it though. When I arrived though, the room was HOT and musty and the A/C was broken. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub which was cool but it looked kind of dirty. There was white stuff on the sofa. I assumed it was just because this was an older hotel but then I learned that it was actually not that old later on. And the hallways were not well ventilated so the heat blow-off from the ice and coke machines had them SCORCHING. When I was at the front desk complaining about the air unit, I overheard other guests complaining of their air not working either. I asked but they did not have another room to move me to, so I had to wait in the lobby for maintenance to work on the A/C. One good thing was I took advantage of the complimentary evening wine and cheese manager's reception in the lobby to while away the time during the maintenance work. Even after working on the unit all evening though they could not fix it, so unfortunately I had to cancel my room and go find another hotel.

Make no mistake, to be fair during the whole ordeal the desk staff was VERY courteous and helpful and apologized profusely for the problems, but I think the property manager needs to stay a little more on top of things. This could be a very nice, very cool hotel if it was just kept up a little better.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business