“Budget Price / Dated Room Decor / Clean”

Biltmore Suites Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Biltmore Suites Hotel when our son's wrestling team was staying there for a tournament... last minute reservation... low price... booked two rooms.. one for mom & dad & one for brother... The room booked for our other son was the SMALLEST hotel room I have ever seen.... o.k. for one person... two would be claustrophobic. the other room was larger .. still considered very small.... Do not confuse this name with other "Suites" hotels ... these rooms did not have a chair ... had OLD televisions... probably 1990's at best... there was a small "cabinet" for a closet... there was not enough room to fully open the doors to the cabinet.. That said, the rates were low... the lobby was pleasant / the breakfast room was pleasant... The bedrooms were something that we were glad not to have stayed more than 8 hrs of sleeping in! If their rates are the cheapest in the area, and you need a place to sleep for one night, then go for it!

Room Tip: Avoid the "small queen" rooms.. they area TINY... and are in desperate need of updating...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank smurrell
Kandi H, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay with us and apologize that your visit fell a bit short of your expectations. Our team will discuss your feedback as we aim to improve in the future, and I am glad you found our lobby and breakfast pleasant. The small queen room you are referring to is a economical room and is best suited for 1 person. We do have larger rooms to choose from and we are currently renovating rooms and updating TVs and appliances in all rooms.

There are newer reviews for Biltmore Suites Hotel

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I went to the Biltmore Suites Hotel for a Valentine’s getaway over the weekend, however our stay was terrible. The first thing we noticed was that our ceiling had a crack that appeared to be about two feet long. Also, the remote to the T.V. did not work and the reception was terrible. We could handle these little things, but the worst thing about our experience was that the room above us started having a big party around 10:00 P.M. The noise was terrible and there was a lot of loud music, yelling, and stomping. I called the front desk around midnight and 2:30 AM and nothing was ever done about the noise. The thing that really bothers me most is that the woman at the front desk said there was nothing they could do but ask them to turn down the noise. I have never stayed anywhere that has let a party go on like this without trying to do something about it. So if you want to enjoy a nice relaxing stay DO NOT go to this hotel! The staff does not care and they will not do anything to help you enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kandi H, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I will be reviewing your feedback with our front office staff to assure this will not happen again.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Biltmore Suites Hotel. I was pleased. The Staff was great, very friendly and eager to please. Room was nice, and clean. Room had flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Breakfast had nice selection. Price was fair.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Kandi H, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your business and feedback.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I recently attended a workshop in Greensboro and needed to find a hotel. The juggling trick is finding a budget stay without sacrificing cleanliness and amenities. The Biltmore seemed to fit my needs.(single room $44 plus tax through Global Hotel Exchange)
First off...the staff was great. One night I called guest services at about 10 pm for an extra blanket and I was met by a very pleasant voice (Shawn?)who said he would bring one right up. Was met at the door with a smile in less than 5 minutes. Thanks!
The second night I stayed I tried to book online as I had the first night but the hotel website was down. David Snipes (front desk)helped make my reservation and still honored the online price. He worked patiently with me for over an hour to take care of my needs. I really appreciated his friendliness and going above and beyond...Thanks David!
The rooms were fine ....amenities fine, shower great and hot. I did a bedbug check as I always do before I bring my bags in and the mattresses were clean and nice looking.
So, I must say, despite all of these good things...I will not be able to stay at Biltmore Suites again and here is why.....the sheets and blankets have fragrance on them. Very fragranced!!! Dryersheets or scented detergents are used in the laundering process. As well( I kid you not) there was a dryer sheet placed under each dresser and under the nightstand. (To make the room smell good??) So, if you have chemical sensitivities(dryer sheet fragrances are a petroleum product) or just allergies to perfumey smells.....don't do it! I had a headache by the end of my stay and had to take an allergy antihistamine at night. I have never stayed in a fragranced hotel room. With all of the sensitivities people have these days I was quite surprised. The hotels I have stayed in only use bleach to clean their sheets and that has always been just fine. So, needless to say I am disappointed that I will have to search for another place to stay in Greensboro. Other than this the stay was agreeable. Thank you.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Kandi H, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.I am so glad the staff was attentive to your needs. We truly value the opinions of our customers and I apologize for any fragrance that may have given you a headache. You review will help me take the correct steps to correct this issue.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Easy to get there, nice small hotel. Clean room, free wi-fi and free breakfast. Polite staff. If you are looking for a luxury stay look somewhere else. For 59 a night - you get all you are paying for and more.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank George_Rindov
Kandi H, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and for choosing to stay with us during your trip to High Point, NC.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Perhaps it is because the name Biltmore raised my expectations, but this was really not a great stay. I was only there one night, thank goodness. The "suite" was handicapped accessible, yet incredibly narrow and tight. Not sure how maneuverable it would be for someone confined to a chair. We requested an early check-in (not available) and the room still wasn't cleaned at 3:30 pm.

The suite did have a microwave/refrigerator which was appreciated. Cleanliness of the hallways and our room was not up to my standards and didn't appear to have been vacuumed recently.

I heard more noises from rooms next door and above than I have ever encountered. It was a very noisy night and sounds travel through the ceiling incredibly well in this hotel. If your neighbor uses the facility at 3 am, you will know about it.

The breakfast was included in the cost of the room. There was cereal, breads, waffle-maker, fruit and juice/coffee provided. I would have liked bacon/eggs or some other protein, but it was nice to have a complimentary breakfast as an option. Parking was very convenient and the staff were responsive to requests.

Room Tip: If you want a peaceful night ask for an upper corner suite!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here recently because the hotel was listed as an affiliate for the Kersey Valley Dark Circus attraction this Halloween, and offered a free shuttle between the hotel and the attraction. I should have just stayed somewhere else and gotten a cab. Maybe this is unusual for the property, but I heard while waiting in line that the hotel was sold out for the night. The hotel was clearly grossly understaffed to handle a large amount of check-ins at once. I waited in line to check in for more than 20 minutes because there was only one front desk person, who seemed completely confused and overwhelmed by the line in front of her.

I had booked a room with a jacuzzi because it was the same rate as the other rooms with the group rate, and I had been looking forward to relaxing in the tub. However, there was a ton of black mold between the tiles and in the caulking, which made me feel like the tub was very unsanitary and I wondered how long it had been since it had been cleaned properly. It was disgusting.

Well, finally it was time for what I had booked the hotel for - riding the shuttle to get to the attraction. There were more than twenty of us standing around outside waiting for the shuttle to arrive when a white Tahoe pulled up. Apparently, they have a shuttle bus, but it was broken down so the Tahoe was the only option available. This was a real problem because the hotel is not close at all to the attraction - a round trip for the shuttle to get there and come back took 30-45 minutes. I ended up waiting about an hour for a ride. The Tahoe had room for seven passengers, but we crammed elevent people total in there by having an extra person on each row and two squeezed into a very small space in the trunk, which was quite clearly unsafe. No one could buckle up because we were so tightly crammed into the Tahoe that we couldn't reach the seat belts. I know I at least tried.

I had a good time at the attraction, and had to wait again for the shuttle on the way home. One of the other guests had gotten very drunk, and when we returned to the hotel, the night front desk person was outside trying to tell him that he couldn't throw up outside the building, which I thought was extremely unprofessional. Yes, it's disgusting when people throw up, but it's poor customer service to boss customers around for any reason.

I was overall unimpressed. The only reason I have given this place two stars instead of one was that the woman driving the Tahoe was professional and friendly. She was apparently the hotel manager - which makes me wonder where their driver was if the manager was forced to drive the shuttle. Either way, my stay was not good and I would not stay here again. I would say this hotel had the pricing of a 2-3 star hotel with the quality of a 1 star. You might as well stay at a cheap motel and save your money if you are considering staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Andy F, General Manager at Biltmore Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Firstly, I would like to thank you for visiting and attending the Dark Circus event. This was our first year participating as the host hotel for the event and so naturally, there are some learning curves to overcome. Your feedback plays a very important role in our success with the event next year and for that, I sincerely thank you. We are in the process of renovating our hotel and are excited about the changes that are happening and that are yet to come. I am glad that you had a great time at the Dark Circus and will share your feedback with my team as well as the team at Kersey Valley Attractions. Thank you.