“Not too great service.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 274 Restaurants in High Point
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
High Point, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not too great service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was in for dinner 2 days ago -on 12/4-. Group of 6 women-Red Hats. Only very few custommers. Waiters was rushing us to order, (even before I sat down, she wanted to know what I wanted to drink). Than she was standing right behind us, waiting on us to order-we repeatedly told he,we were not ready and needed few more minutes. I had a soft drink, in 2 hours we were there, I was not asked -even once- if I wanted refil. So, for about hour and half, I was sitting there with glass of ice. Food was good. Restauranr is a nice place. (Comming tonight again with large group of friends).

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Randi J

Piedmont, NC
“Austins disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Last night was my third time at Austin's. I was very disappointed. The prime rib was way over seasoned and very fatty. Took a bite of my son's tilapia, not impressed and his girlfriends crab cake not impressed and it had cartilage in it. I will say the server was great and food was served in a timely manner. I probably won't go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HIGH POINT, NC
“GOOD FOOD & PLEASANT ATMOSPHERE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Visited past Friday and food and service were very good. Warm roll with Ceasars Salad was nice. They do a very nice job on prime rib. Reasonably priced for quality of food.

• Visited October 2013
High Point, North Carolina
“Sunday Afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I came here Sunday afternoon for an early dinner around 4:30. The restaurant only had a few people at tables. The service was excellent. I had the prime rib which I thought was very blah though and barely warm, the mushrooms had been nuked. I was not very impressed. My husband had chicken parmsean and he said it was pretty good but nothing special. They do have a pretty good menu, maybe they were having an off day. I may try again.

• Visited August 2013
Galax, Virginia
“Wide variety with quality food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I visited Austin's on a Sunday evening at the suggestion of a local individual. The restaurant has an excellent arrangement of seating. It allows you privacy even if the dinning area is busy. The bar is also arranged well and is excluded from the main dinning area, but as the old saying goes, "it is about the food". The menu is wide in offerings. My wife had the stir fry salmon. She was very impressed with the vegetables as well as the salmon. I decided to try the club sandwich which came with one side. I choose the French fries. The club was excellent. I find it is becoming more difficult to find a good club. This one passes with flying colors. I would highly recommend this restaurant. I intend to return and try additional dishes. I think with the large numbers of offerings it will take several trips to sample the offerings.

• Visited August 2013