“Nice spin on salad!”

Carter Brothers - Wendover Landing
Ranked #8 of 298 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

BBQ pork salad for tonight's supper was filling...fresh...and different from my usual grilled chicken salad! I am a Lexington BBQ snob...but Carter Brothers has the best I've found outside of the BBQ capital!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very disappointed in tonight's dinner. Sauce choices were not very tasty and the chopped beef was obviously watered down (with water!) so the flavor was weak and a bit mushy. Dinner is served on plastic disposable plates. Hubby had ribs but he didn't care for them so much either. This restaurant had been recommended by a local so I guess they don't know about good BBQ in this town. The good thing is that the menu is very large--spaghetti was tonight's special, the hostess told us. Don't believe we will ever be back, at least not for BBQ!

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

A must try if you are in the area!! The BBQ is good, the sides are better, and the dessert is great!!! I had the 3 meats platter with the green beans, man and cheese, and hush puppies. The best part though was the strawberry cobbler. I'm sure that I passed out for a moment after my first bite!!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have always gone to another BBQ resturant in High Point, but with some urging we found ourself at Carter Brothers twice. We had the awesome breakfast and went back for lunch. Twice in the same day, it was that good.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My sister and I have a weekly outing with our dad who has cancer. He went online and found Carter Bro's and wanted to try it out. We were greeted by Tim, the owner, and promptly seated. The menu was extensive and priced very reasonably. We were waited on and our food came out quickly and hot. I had the grilled chicken gourmet salad, my dad had the barbeque platter, and my sister had the cowboy chicken. The sides were so good that we got some to go. Tim came by to check on us and see what we thought of the food. Needless to say, we will be back and plan on making it a monthly destination.
~ Robbin S