“Horrible. Hope I can helpothers to Steer away.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 High Point

Motel 6 High Point
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Louisville, Kentucky
“Horrible. Hope I can helpothers to Steer away.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

This hotel was unreal. Okay, I know it was cheaper but honestly this hotel should be condemned. Our first room was nasty, inside of fridge was gross and the front on the drawers were hanging off. The hotel clerk gave us another room which said nonsmoking but you could smell the stale smoke so bad. Our TV did not work so the clerk came and come to find out the cable wire was stolen from the room. Everything just look nasty and even the hotel clerk told us the hotel was not kept up how it should be. Thankfully we had a very short stay, just a place to lay our heads that night. After we checked and was driving off, my husband informed me that he did not want to tell me earlier because he knew it would freak me out, but he woke up during the night with a roach on his arm. The whole building is run down and nasty. I don't usually do reviews, but I really hope I can help others to go elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Traci S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
Convenient location right off 85 Business, easy access to Main Street and US-85.
(Within walking distance of Furnitureland Salvage)

CHEAP RATES
We paid $50, tax included with the AAA rate

HOTEL PROPERTY
It's dated and old, but that's what you'd expect for $50 a night.

FREE BREAKFAST
Is not actually a breakfast but more like free coffee, just FYI

FREE WIFI
Worked just fine during our stay

POOL
We selected this hotel because of the free wifi, free breakfast, pool, and close proximity to downtown and some furniture stores nearby. Sadly, the pool was closed as it was 'contaminated' or 'infected' by someone who busted their stitches earlier in the week.

ROOM
The room is old and outdated but they were comfortable and basic. You have to remember, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. This is not a 4-star hotel or luxury brand but it was good, all things considered.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I and our bus crew have stayed in this motel for 3 consecutive weeks now and consistently the quality and standard have been wonderful. Clean, spacious, quiet and beautifully decorated rooms with a considerate and conscientious front clerk at the desk, what more could one ask for? There's even an exercise room with equipment and a TV as well as beverage and ice machines on every floor. I don't know where these other people were staying, but there is nothing wrong with the rooms, beds or this motel in any aspect.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bryan C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Ok this is no longer a days inn it is a motel 6 and it is not at all ok. First of all we asked for a non-smoking room and entered our room only to be hit with the stench of cigarette smoke( which my girlfriend is allergic to) and then as we went to climb into our hard and uncomfortable bed only to find a cigarette burn on the sheet. The t.v was out Dated. We didn't even bother useing the shower. we only stayed here to sleep a few hrs because we started later than planned and became tired while driving. When we were asked by the staff how our stay was and we told them the reply we received as that they had just bought the place and had not had time to properly get the hotel up and running for guest. So that only brings up the question of then why tells us you were open if they are not prepared? Will not be staying in this area again.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Doylepetty
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Front staff was good but rooms were clean enough to stay. There weer old coke bottles, receipts lying around. Not a bad place to stay for late night stop over and for checking out in the morning.. Breakfast was good for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FrequentTravelerRS
Surf City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

This trip was about going on a budget-a real quicky lets make do for once short trip for a ball team. I usually look for top middle of the road but its been a constant week end trip for months now. I came prepared to stay in less than perfect conditions almost in a defensive nature after reading the reviews and for sure armed with WE WANT TO SEE THE ROOM FIRST AND HOW TO GET OUR MONEY BACK ATTITUDE! a Negative Nancy for sure. I will tell you exactly what you need to know to make a decision based on the facts. First of all the front desk although not immediately Mr/Mrs. Prince Charming turned into a Prince indeed. He quickly explained his shift
was hours past ending but he had endured to make sure everyone was in their room and happy.
He took his responsibility beyond measure and every person a special guest. He also explained the renovations going on and they were now a Motel 6 ( I had never stayed in a motel 6 and held my breath) The room took my breath away-i was actually stunned. what i had expected as a close my eyes and get out of here quickly room was grand by motel standards.
The decorating and room was more of a 159.00 room and we have paid more for a room of this style. The curtains were elegant-the carpet perfectly clean under feet-i inspected (at his suggestion the bath-clean as a whistle and also perfectly decorated with a huge amount of room. Everything was so beautiful. I could live here and be happy. Modest for a home for sure but so cheerful and clean it was like a escape and a real mini vaca. Crisp clean air conditioning with zero smells of mold/mildew or old. Ok-down to the true test- the mattress- HEAVEN! nice new pillows and plenty of them-crisp clean sheets-The mattress was like sleeping on a cloud with perfect support-perfection. I wanted to go hug the staff. It was that good and the price
I had to slap myself to believe we were so lucky. I have never done this before but i went back
to the front lobby area to say Thank YOU! This kind man shook my hand and said thank you to me. Did he go beyond measure-more than any 5 star hotel/motel ever- was he kind and friendly-very and a very tired man who has given every effort he could to give his guest a beautiful stay at his expense of time. Now the negative but you need to know every detail for a pleasant stay and being prepared for what you get. The pool was being repaired-no outdoor pool at our stay- The breakfast was very humble-perfect coffee which is what i crave in the morning but if you want a breakfast of champions-you should plan for a meal some where else-
If you are a smoker-im not sure the rooms would be more than what you are paying and until they are upgraded you are getting a 49.00 room. We did ask to see the rooms available and one reason is so i could give our best review of the new Hotel 6. That is the bottom line
for this newly appointed destination of value. As for parking- a breeze and easy as can be.
Total feeling of security and accommodating. The surrounding area is a fact that HIgh Point
probably took a hit with the economy and many of its business ventures going to China in the furniture industry. One side of us was a great business and nice well maintained furniture land south building and the other side away from ear shot was a high way. The drive a mile or so
away off the high way left my heart fearing this was not safe-that quickly disappeared when we actually were at the hotel. The restaurant of the past still standing is a eye sour. That is also being worked on - but at our visit look shabby. I took a card for our generous host at breakfast
who was still there watching over his establishment with sincere effort to make it a great stay-
Mr. Amit Kauskik our knight in shining armour for the night. Motel 6 is extremely fortunate to have such a representative and I hope they appreciate his effort-we sure do. Not Pet friendly:(
but good for us with allergies and our whole building was smoke free- super super clean with every effort to keep it that way. Woohooo! a great unexpected pleasure! Shopping-restaurants-all the good stuff including our ball field centrally located.

Room Tip: super quiet room and elegant style for the newly renovated non-smoking rooms. Extremely large rooms...