“Excellent Pizza”

Dining options: Delivery
Nebo, North Carolina
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

my wife, daughter and I decided to stop by here for dinner. We had never been to this restaurant before. The order taker (at the counter) was very friendly and ansered all our questions. We ordered their large combo/house pizza and they allowed us to change/substitute some items we wanted to have on the pizza. Pizza was very good, although i wish it had been cooked slightly longer since the center got soggy real fast. We will be back!

Visited July 2014

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good Food, Service Needs To Catch Up”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

First trip here was for lunch, and I was pleased with the pizza, for the most part, anyway. The crust is the thinnest in the area, imo, and very much the NY style I favor. It was cooked perfectly (no burn on the bottom), and the flavor and texture were excellent. The tomato sauce is also very, very good - nice flavor, limited sweetness.

The toppings are somewhat sparse compared with other pizzerias (like Burke Street, e.g.), and the pepperoni is a little thin on flavor, but overall, this was a good pie. The cost for the 14" NY Style with extra cheese, pepperoni, green peppers, and onions was $15.25, competitively priced.

The 12" Italian Hero ($6.95) was just ok - way too much oil & vinegar (the bread was totally soaked through), and it contains prosciutto, which I don't care for on a sandwich. The FF ($2.50) were ok, nice potato flavor, but like so, so many restaurants, they simply do not salt them directly out of the fryer - more salt later is generally useless.

The service here is at the least, laid-back - a call in order of a pizza, hero, and FF, took between 35 and 40 minutes - no land speed records here. But, the pizza is nice, especially if thin crust and tasty sauce is what you want. I'll come back for that, and maybe try a different sub, and hold the oil & vinegar.

The interior is bright, roomy, modern in style. - well laid out. Nice setup for lunch or dinner.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Fred B
“Hoping for more but just average!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Friends of mine and I like to try different restaurants with coupons, it widens our scope while helping us to save money. I personally was looking forward to finding additional Pizzerias (there are a few that are excellent in Greensboro) who could make the NY Pizza that I left behind in the NY/NJ area. Well no luck here. While the pizza wasn't bad, per se, the bottom crust was way too crisp, almost burnt, we were going to say something but we had already waited too long and were going to the movies. We knew by that time that we would not be coming back anyway. The topping (we got just plain cheese) was good, but just average. I really was disappointed but also validated that my go to Pizza restaurant choices in Greensboro (#1, Mario's Pizza) are the best that I will find and I am going to stop searching elsewhere.

1 Thank PLC55
Sylva, North Carolina, United States
“Great pizza & Calzone's”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ordered delivery to a nearby hotel and the food was great! I hate we do not live closer so we could have it more often! I would definitely recommend Marozzi's!!

• Visited May 2014
Pleasant Garden
“Great Heros”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Everything was great I had the turkey, wife had steak and cheese, the fries were excellent, will definitely make this a favorite!

• Visited April 2014