“This is the place!!”

Wingate by Wyndham High Point
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I was in town to do some work in high point and stayed in the Ashford Suites. The folks at the front desk made me feel so welcome, and the room was cleam and very homey. If I ever make ot back to this area I definitely know where I will be stayimg!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Four of us stayed here on a Friday night at $89 + tax.

Pros: Four of us in one room and we weren't bumping into each other. Rooms are very spacious, beds comfortable and it was basically clean. Hotel is located well near restaurants and shopping. Lobby is beautiful.

Cons: Saturday morning, they said breakfast is served til 10, but when we got down there well before 9:30 practically all the food was gone, even the little donuts. There were a million people and nowhere to sit. And I wasn't happy with the bathroom -- extremely dim and difficult to see to put on make-up, tub looked ancient, and only one tiny towel bar for the sink way too high for this petite lady to use.
If you go: the 2nd floor ice machine is the loudest in the country. Ask for a room away from it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Was with a large group and stayed 2 nights @ $75/nght. Honestly, as cheap as that price is, this hotel was not even worth that. The hotel has a dirty, nasty feel to me. The carpets and furniture is in need of a good cleaning. They try to make the rooms look clean on the surface, but it is a shabby, dirty hotel in much need of renovating. We did not have a fitted sheet on the bed and the bottom sheet kept coming off all night long and I thought I was going to freak if I woke up lying on a filthy mattress. I could not eat in the room because it just felt unclean.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank hearme23
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

The rooms were very clean. The staff was very hospitable and helpful. Breakfast was an added value. The locations was minutes from much higher priced facilities. For a brief stay, this was right on target. Safe location and very convenient to restaurants!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 1 July 2012

visiting relatives, first night motel was OK but....
a move to Ashford Suites was SUPER!!
Ashford Suites hospitality awesome.
Cleanliness, coffee, breakfast, swimming pool!
Rooms were SPACEOUS.
But-- the friendliness of the STAFF was VERY SPECIAL.
We visited with family from NC & Texas at Ashford and
they were welcomed; we RECCOMMEND this for price,
cleanliness & especially STAFF courtesy & friendliness!!

Room Tip: 2nd floor was nice but all rooms seemed nice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Our 3 night stay was fine. I was concerned about some of the less-than-positive reviews I read here on TA, but the price and room availability during the Fabric Show lured me in. Yes, there was worn carpet and a little peeling wallpaper in the bathroom. But my King room was large, clean, with a comfortable bed, working fireplace & good sized flat screen TV. The bathroom had the added bonus of a soaking jacuzzi tub large enough for 2, and also sliding mirrored panels in the tub area, opening into the bedroom so you could conceivably watch TV while taking a bath. Neat feature. We had a couple of housekeeping issues (i.e., malfunctioning toilet) on Sunday, which was tricky for management as maintenance people had the day off - perhaps not great staff scheduling. But on Monday the problem was resolved and our final bill included a nice credit, so we were satisfied overall. I would stay here again - it's 15 mins from airport in one direction & 15 mins from downtown in the other, so quite convenient. There are two restaurants next door and when she heard we were going to one of them for dinner, the front desk clerk gave us a coupon for a free appetizer - nice touch. Ashford Suites isn't perfect, but it is a good value.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We were passing thru High Point on our way to Virgnia and decided to stop over @ Ashford Suites. Wow what a great experience. It was a cold and rainy afternoon in may. We were put in a suite with a fireplace. The front desk was so accomodating offering the best places to eat and where we could get a bottle of wine. My husband wanted to bring the wine back and sit in front of the fireplace in our room and reflect our day travels. We were so pleasantly surprised of the cleaniness of the hotel and superb staff. I would recommed this hotel to anyone passing thru High Point

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family