“Great Value for Pleasure or Business Travelers”

Wingate by Wyndham High Point
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Kernersville, NC
“Great Value for Pleasure or Business Travelers”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice, most recently this past weekend. The staff is always friendly and efficient. We come to Ashford for a "no-frills-inexpensive-get-out-of-the-house" overnight stay. It's good for us because it's so close to our home, we're about 15 minutes away. Our room was clean (however, in need of renovating/updating), we had a gas log fireplace, jacuzzi tub and king size bed. The hotel has an indoor pool which is not fancy but we did use and the water was gloriously warm and we had it all to ourselves. There is fitness equipment (of course we didnt use it!) We walked next door and had dinner at Steak Street which was nice to be able to walk to and it is a nice romantic setting restaurant with live music. The hotel front desk clerk even gave us a coupon for free appetizer, $17 value which was a great bonus (tip: if you go there, make reservations... we had to was 1.5 hours for our table). Also, breakfast is included! Eggs, waffles, pasteries, sausage, cereals, milk, juices coffee... etc. Not too bad. So, for a 15 minute drive and a modest $85 (total price including fees and taxes), we were able to spend some quality time together out of the house, enjoy a nice swim, a soak in a jaccuzi, fireplace, comfy bed for a good night sleep and a hot breakfast. What else could you ask for for that price? Hey, it's not luxury but it's a great value and needless to say, we will return for our next needed overnight escape!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Best_For_Last_71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I booked at the Ashford Suites in Highpoint, then plans changed. I called to cancel and the gentlemen said I was all taken care of. Later, I received a call from the hotel saying that they only accept cancellations on line. "OK," I thought. Then I went on line. After trying to find a way to cancel, and clicking on the "Change or Cancel" tab, I called the hotel. The ladu immediately told me that she would not accept cancellations via phone and to go online. I made her walk me through the steps until she got as far as I did earlier. "Now," she says, you can't see it, but if you move your mouse across the top of the page the "cancel" tab will become visible." She added, "It is very hard to see, we know that." She thought it was quite funny. Not so.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank DB2012866
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed here in July 2010 and had a great experience. Wonderful room, no noise. We stayed again October 2012 and it was different. The front desk people were not as friendly, especially the night time lady-she never acknowledged us ever. The man who managed the breakfast area was very nice, however.. Our room was okay but across from some very noisy people who didn't get quiet until after 11pm.. My biggest complain is that the room had the dimmest light possible above the vanity- I couldn't see anything while I was putting on my makeup! Also, as you walk into the hotel it smelled like Clorox.
We plan to stay in May and hope the experience is better.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Valley Center, Kansas
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I was in town to do some work in high point and stayed in the Ashford Suites. The folks at the front desk made me feel so welcome, and the room was cleam and very homey. If I ever make ot back to this area I definitely know where I will be stayimg!

chattanooga,TN
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Four of us stayed here on a Friday night at $89 + tax.

Pros: Four of us in one room and we weren't bumping into each other. Rooms are very spacious, beds comfortable and it was basically clean. Hotel is located well near restaurants and shopping. Lobby is beautiful.

Cons: Saturday morning, they said breakfast is served til 10, but when we got down there well before 9:30 practically all the food was gone, even the little donuts. There were a million people and nowhere to sit. And I wasn't happy with the bathroom -- extremely dim and difficult to see to put on make-up, tub looked ancient, and only one tiny towel bar for the sink way too high for this petite lady to use.
If you go: the 2nd floor ice machine is the loudest in the country. Ask for a room away from it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Was with a large group and stayed 2 nights @ $75/nght. Honestly, as cheap as that price is, this hotel was not even worth that. The hotel has a dirty, nasty feel to me. The carpets and furniture is in need of a good cleaning. They try to make the rooms look clean on the surface, but it is a shabby, dirty hotel in much need of renovating. We did not have a fitted sheet on the bed and the bottom sheet kept coming off all night long and I thought I was going to freak if I woke up lying on a filthy mattress. I could not eat in the room because it just felt unclean.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank hearme23
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

The rooms were very clean. The staff was very hospitable and helpful. Breakfast was an added value. The locations was minutes from much higher priced facilities. For a brief stay, this was right on target. Safe location and very convenient to restaurants!

• Stayed July 2012
Radisson Hotel High Point
#8 of 14 in High Point
Seven Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast
Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro

Been to Wingate by Wyndham High Point? Share your experiences!