“Stop looking around for a better place to stay!”

Wingate by Wyndham High Point
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Pasadena, MD
“Stop looking around for a better place to stay!”
Reviewed 15 October 2009

We have stayed at the Ashford Suites 5 times in the past year as my son is at Greensboro College. We were referred here and gave it a chance. My first impression was that this place has it all. Very pleasant staff welcoming us from a long drive. The room and bathroom was very, very nice and we also had a few drinks in the bar. The next morning we enjoyed a FULL hot breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, etc which is included with your stay. It's a short drive to downtown Greensboro and well worth the trip. The area around the hotel is very quiet and there are plenty of restaurants to choose from. I can honestly say we won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, 16 October 2009
If you do stop looking around for a better place, you will have more time to enjoy a complimentary breakfast, take a dip in our pool, enjoy a movie by the fire-place, and relax over cocktails where the first drink is on us.

Thank you for your kind words. The hotel is proud of our relationship with Greensboro College and sincerely appreciates the support provided by the staff, coaches, and the parents.

We look forward to seeing you and other GC supporters very soon. Go Pride!!

Chris Adams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
colorado
Reviewed 4 October 2009

This hotel was a truly pleasant surprise. Check in fast and hassle free. The room was a pure shock. The fireplace, large t.v., stereo system and mini bar was more than I expected.
After a wonderful nights rest in a fabulously comfortable bed the delicious breakfast( eggs, bacon, potatoes, cereal, etc etc) was the icing on the cake(AND IT'S FREE). Oh, did I mention they have a indoor pool, a work out room and hello Bath and Body Works lotions and soaps! After our first night in this hotel we extended our stay. I did not want out of that bed. Great staff, great location off of highway. You can't beat this hotel. I have have stayed in many hotels in my life from one to five stars, this one was truly right up there with the best. Next time I visit Greensboro I will return to the Ashford Suites.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
rartiga
Reviewed 1 October 2009

As a frequent Resident of the Ashford Suites Hotel for almost 1 year on and off I can say this is the best hotel I have stayed at in a long time. All my needs where met whenever needed as well as when I was not expecting anything. The Rooms are spacious and clean and all of the staff is very well mannered. I honestly cannot day that I have had one negative thing to say in all my visits over the last year. It is conveniently located to restaurants and is reasonably priced for what you receive in return. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who stays in the Triad area for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, 7 October 2009
Thank you for your loyal support during the past year. Your comments go a long way to pass on the message to fellow guests who are looking for a home away from home. When someone is away from family, it is critical to establish a sense of stability and feel like that they are appreciated as a part of the hotel family. My staff has done an outstanding job of ensuring that our guests feel welcome during those frequent trips away from home.
Thank you once again for your business. Please let the hotel know of anything further we can do during subsequent visits.

Regards,

Ashford Suites Hotel
Belleair, Florida
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We just came back from spending three days in the Greensboro area. We stopped at the visitors center to pick up brochures of the various hotels in the area. One in particular caught our eye, The Ashford Suites. Centrally located, the exterior of the building is attractive, but comparable to the other hotels in the area. However, once inside you're immediately welcomed by the very friendly Front Desk Staff. We, for $10.00 more, opted for the Jacuzzi (2 person) King Suite. Expecting the room to be comparable to most hotel chains, we were pleasantly surprised. First, the room was huge, high ceilings, nicely decorated, and immaculate. All of the suites are furnished with a fireplace, stereo system, free wireless internet, 32" TV, microwave, stocked mini-bar, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, amenities in the bathroom from Bath & Bodyworks, the Dream Bed Collection with upgraded linens, and a pillow menu. The jacuzzi tub was like a small pool!!
To make you even more comfortable, they offer "First Drink's on Us" in their Lobby Bar, plus each guest receives a complimentary, full, hot breakfast buffet each morning.
The Ashford Suites offers complimentary airport shuttle service. Guests will be shuttled to restaurants, office parks, entertainment and shopping with a 5 mile radius.
If you want, you can take a swim in their indoor pool and sit outside on their tanning patio. The hotel also offers Guest Privileges at the Rush Fitness Complex.
It was such a pleasure to stay at this property. Their attention to detail is to be commended. Their room rates are very reasonable, much lower than a Marriott, Sheraton or Hilton. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Greensboro/High Point area.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
After reading your review three times, I quickly decided that we need your help in writing ad copy for future advertising pieces. Please accept our most heartfelt appreciation for your patronage and the well thought out description of your recent visit. The attention to the specific details of your stay reflect a keen eye which we are hopeful future guests will appreciate.
We take pride in our performance and continually take steps to improve how we do what we do.
Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to hosting your next visit to the Triad.

Warm Regards,

new jersey
Reviewed 2 September 2009

This trip started out as a business trip, but turned into a delightful suprise. The staff was right there to welcome all guest and ensure that everything was in order before you got to your room. To my suprise I was greeted by the manager. I thought I was special but I found out through observation that most of the guest get this treatment. ( That's special).
The rooms were warm, comfortable, inviting, and peaceful. The staff took it personal to make sure that your stay was exactly what you wanted. To set off the night, for your intertainment pleasure, go to the lounge and just ask for a "CUP OF JO" . Everyone who stays at the Ashford Suites will always remember JO. She's a compliment to your establishment. As I was leaving I recieved thanks for staying there, but I would like to say "Thank You" for making my trip a pleasure.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, 4 September 2009
I think you are the architect of our newest marketing campaign. Go into the bar for a cup of Jo. She really appreciated your kind words and of course is asking for naming rights of any future profits.

Thank you for your kind review. We are fortunate to have some of the finest guests stay at the Ashford Suites Hotel. Reviews such as yours truly validates the efforts we make.

I am most fortunate to have the finest staff a manager could ever hope to have.

So, let our cup of Jo runneth over.

North Carolina
Reviewed 30 August 2009

My husband & I stayed at the Ashford Suites Hotel for a romantic get away. The staff, room, & services were great. We booked the romance & choc package. It cost $119 a night & for what we received I was amazed. I have paid that price for much less. I recommend this hotel to anyone & plan to stay there in the future!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
new jersey
Reviewed 23 August 2009

The rooms are cozy,yet large. Warm atmosphere. Romance is definetly in the air. Pleasent and friendley service anytime of the day, and there's a great hostest there to serve you breakfast.. For your evening relaxation you can unwind with a refreshiing drink from their fabulous bartender.Candles are lit in the evenings, which gives a warm greeting to guest. Management is top notch. "You"ll want to come back".

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
AshfordGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham High Point, responded to this review, 3 September 2009
On behalf of the staff, thank you for your generous words concerning the recent experience at the Ashford Suites Hotel. We sincerely appreciate the medium that Trip Advisor affords existing or potential guests.
We look forward to hosting your next visit to the Ashford Suites.

c.adams@ashfordsuites.com
Radisson Hotel High Point
#9 of 14 in High Point
Seven Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast
Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro

Been to Wingate by Wyndham High Point? Share your experiences!