“Comfortable, Clean and Friendly”

Courtyard High Point
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here for the first time while visiting family in the High Point area. Very nice, friendly and accommodating staff with clean rooms, convenient location to area shopping and reasonable prices. Would stay here again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Okay, so this is my third review of this hotel. I've stayed here on business a few nights now and have had mixed reactions. On my first visit, I couldn't help but notice how thin the walls seemed to be, but dismissed it as possibly having a very noisy neighbor. In my second review, I was more impressed, enough so that I decided to return again. This time around, I am back to considering this place somewhere between average and very good, but am leaning more toward slightly above average.

The location, if you are visiting High Point, is great. The staff was friendly and professional, the beds were comfortable and rooms were basically clean. But they're really not much different than they were three years ago, so they're definitely not "new". My room had coffee or wine stains on the carpet, and was fraying in places, so maybe it's time for an update, or at least some carpet cleaning and repair in some rooms.

Wi-Fi was free, but the connections were sporadic. Sometimes I could get a signal, but it would often cut out and then I couldn't get a signal again for a long period. Perhaps most disappointing this visit was that the water for the morning showers was cold. I spoke with the front desk the first morning and was told they were aware of it and were working on it, but my shower on the second and third morning of my stay wasn't any warmer. I would hope by now they have it fixed.

I must say I appreciated the fact that by the third day, the manager at the front desk offered breakfast on the house, but for the price paid for the room, I would have expected that it would have included hot showers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank WanderingPencil
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Courtyards are pretty consistent and this one is no exception. The room was clean…though I think the tub could have been a little cleaner. The corners in the bathroom were clean. I am not a fan of Starbucks…which is all they serve. They have coffee makers in the rooms, but no longer offer complimentary coffee in the lobby which is very sad. The hotel overall was clean and tidy. The walls are thin…we could hear the telephone ring in the next room…and could hear a television nearly all night long.

BUT…my wife and I were standing in the room in the late afternoon preparing to leave for the evening…when suddenly the door to the room opened and a woman from housekeeping entered the room. We both stood there looking at her…and she looked surprised, but said nothing and went into the bathroom with a towel…and left without saying anything. I immediately called the front desk and told them what had happened. THEN we heard her in the hallway nearly shouting that she had knocked…which she had not.

As we left the hotel for the evening…we stopped at the front desk and explained the situation
again. Frankly, this is unacceptable in any hotel…and the fact that the manager did not contact us…makes us question whether or not we will stay in this hotel again.

2  Thank OnTheFly_12
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here while in High Point for another gymnastics meet recently and it is definitely one of the nicer hotels we have stayed in recently. The lobby is all updated, fresh and very welcoming like a living room. Nice outdoor seating areas too but too cold out there last weekend for that. Fireplace and flat screen TV in the lobby really make you want to get out of your room and go downstairs to chill out. Very nice café in the lobby too. For you coffee people – they have Starbucks in the lobby. Prices for food are a bit steep for café food but the convenience is what you pay for so it is a good option. Had a late night treat with the kids of a warm chocolate chip cookie sundae and it was yummy! Sat in a booth with its own TV and the kids loved that!

As for the other amenities, pool is indoor with hot tub and workout room is nice but we didn’t use either. No breakfast included in the stay. But location is wonderful. Just down the loop road form the hotel are McDonald’s, Chili’s and a few other places as well as a mall. We didn’t go to the mall but nice to have close in case we forgot something.

Room was very nice! Lots of space, table on casters was easy to move around as needed. Lots of space and storage available too. Bathroom was very large, clean and looked like it had recently been updated. Beds were comfy and the general décor of the room was really nice! Lots of little details that make it seem more home like. And always nice to have a fridge in the room. Staff was super friendly and overall experience was great! Quiet room, good night’s sleep, good stay and excellent alarm clock (went off at 5:15 am – just like I told it to. UGH! )

Will certainly go back to this hotel again.

1  Thank HattieMags
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed at this Courtyard while visiting High Point University. The hotel appears to be newly remodeled with everything seeming to be updated! Bathroom was very clean with brand new shower curtain. The people were friendly (as most Carolinians are)! The hotel is actually adjacent to the Mall, although the mall seems to be pretty desolate. Didn't go there but there was a Belk & a Dillard's. There is a Target within walking distance which proved to be quite convenient.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Very friendly reception staff. Usual Courtyard room. Quiet. Bed a bit soft. Okay for a 1 night stay. Free WiFi in rooms, plus fairly quick public computers near the lobby. Free coffee/tea no longer available at this Courtyard, although you can purchase Starbucks in the lobby restaurant. Did not eat there. Common areas fresh and well-maintained.

Location not great, although there is a mall across the parking lot. (Note that it closes at 7 pm)
Limited choice of area restaurants.

Avoid the nearby Liberty Restaurant: hamburger okay, but entree salad inedible--lettuce & vegetables slimey, tired, and old. Waitress couldn't help but notice all the slimey inedibles moved to my bread plate and never asked if there was a problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were in High Point for the furniture show, and spent one night at the Courtyard. It's right by Oak Hollow Mall, and near enough to all the venues we were attending. The hotel was clean, with a very nice lobby area, and helpful staff. The room was nice, very clean, and included a coffee maker & little fridge. I'd stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Seven Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast
Hampton Inn High Point
Hampton Inn High Point
#1 of 6 in Archdale

Been to Courtyard High Point? Share your experiences!