“Charming Inn”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Charleston, South Carolina
“Charming Inn”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

While shopping for furniture in High Point we made reservations for two nights at the Inn. We usually stay at Hilton hotels but this Inn may have changed our future trips. The Inn was just charming, the room was very clean, and the hotel staff were just great. Bethany at front desk was very helpful, Jay in the bar was very friendly and everyone there enjoyed talking with him. The lady that was in charge of breakfast was very attentive. We did not eat dinner in the restaurant as it was closed Monday night but had appetizers at the bar and the food was wonderful. We would stay here again without a doubt. We met quite a few people that are return customers and we can understand why they come back each month.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lois908

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 March 2013

It was great going back to the Inn for a night. I worked there several years ago and it was fun to see everyone again. I was a bit surprised after reading a review I saw on trip adviser. My room was as wonderful as I remember them being. i made my reservation with Bethany also who was not there at the time of my employment, so she had no idea who I was. B-fast was wonderful and it was great to see that eggs and a meat had been added to the menu. I got fresh fruit and a bagel that is my b-fast every morning. They say you can't go home again but I know now that you can. It was truly all that I remembered.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank katiep123_13
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Our company had our annual staff retreat at the JH Adams Inn. The Inn was the perfect setting for our small scale meeting. KJ made sure that every detail was planned from breakfast, room set up, water stations, private lunches, and more! I am not a meeting planner by trade so I had peace of mind knowing that their sales team would make sure that all the "i's" were dotted and "t's" were crossed. The meeting room was the perfect size for our group of 8. It was private so we did not feel like we were intruding on another group. Breakfast was delicious, cooked customed made to order served by the friendliest waitstaff. We had an abundance of snacks, water, and coffee to fuel the staff for the whole day. They came by during our break and took our indivual lunch orders and had it ready in a private dining room where it was labeled with our names. Talk about efficient! The Inn is decorated with beautiful art and southern charm! Their hospitality helped energize our staff and we left that day ready to take on the world! I would consider the JH Adams Inn for any of our corporate meetings.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TGIF1026
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

We recently enjoyed a mini-staycation at this inn. We live in High Point but had never stayed there. Bethany, at the front desk was pleasant and very helpful, both on the phone and in person. We stayed in room 34. When we opened the door we were hit with the smell of cigarette smoke, but we were able to run the fan and the AC to improve the smell. I read the guest services book as I always like to do. We went to a nice dinner in the hotel restaurant and then down to the fitness center. What a disappointment, someone's office is down there and it is full of cardboard boxes. If I had wanted to work out I would not have, equipment was broken and it was slightly scary down there. We retired to our spacious and better smelling room after dinner. The room was extremely quiet, however the pillows (only 2) for a king sized bed were skimpy and a bit like sleeping on bricks. I woke with a neck ache. The bathroom and shower was adequate. We were pleasantly surprised to learn that our room came with 2 glasses of wine (which we don't drink, but it was nice if you do!) and a buffet breakfast. The breakfast was acceptable, basic hotel fair food. The server was willing to cook an egg fresh on request. The fruit was of the frozen variety, but wasn't bad. I would definitely recommend the inn to friends!

• Stayed February 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stay here when we're in town to visit our son who's in school at HPU. They get booked up quickly, but their rooms are wonderful (comfortable, cozy, but modern with nice beds and linens)
The bar is the gathering spot...and there's always a conversation going on..

Room Tip: Ask for the larger ones in the wing or a two bedroom suite if you have more than a couple.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kwitsil
NYC
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed in a street facing suite (Asian Room), very nicely appointed, giant bathroom with huge shower and jacuzzi tub. Had a great meal at Hamptons, Derek the chef who we got to chat with for a while did an awesome job, Bill the Bartender / Server was great and LeAnn? and Bethany from the front desk could not have been nicer.
Definitely recommend this place and you won't be disappointed !

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JayGee1478
Reviewed 22 December 2012

We bought a Groupon and stayed in the Kincaid Suite for our wedding night. We were catered to and treated amazing. It's a stunning building and the room was lacking nothing. If you are looking for a top quality place to stay but not snooty in the slightest, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012
#6 of 14 in High Point
O.Henry Hotel
O.Henry Hotel
#1 of 76 in Greensboro

Been to J.H. Adams Inn? Share your experiences!