“Wonderful Place for a Wedding Event”
Review of J.H. Adams Inn

J.H. Adams Inn
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Recently, members of my family had a wedding event at the J. H. Adams Inn. It worked out very well for us as many people came from out of town and stayed at the Inn. As noted in many of the reviews, the rooms are very nice. Ours had a king size bed. The bathroom appeared to be recently renovated with new fixtures and a large tub. The wedding and reception afterward were held in the covered courtyard between buildings which provided a good private setting while also convenient to the hotel rooms. While our room faced the courtyard, local ordinances require no noise after 10:30 PM, so things quieted down relatively early. Our family's event was not the only wedding there during the weekend we stayed.

The only notable problem, which has appeared in other reviews, involves breakfast service where the staff allows the eggs and sausage to totally run out before preparing more. The staff otherwise did a wonderful and friendly job of supporting our event. If I return to High Point, I would definitely stay here over the other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the courtyard will be quieter, although not a major problem as noise is limited afte...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Charlie T
DanaLuB, Manager at J.H. Adams Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us an EXCELLENT review! We frequently have travelers staying with us who are attending a wedding in our courtyard, and we thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to treat our guests to a wonderful stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the guest rooms. Thanks for your feedback about the breakfast service. I will take this back to my team to improve upon our timing so there are no delays in replenishing popular dishes such as our farm fresh scrambled eggs. Thanks again for your review and your recommendation. I look forward to your return business, next to time you travel to High Point.

There are newer reviews for J.H. Adams Inn

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent the night at the JH Adams during our anniversary weekend. It is a nice older inn located in High Point. The staff was outstanding and very accommodating. This was our first time in the area and she provided us with lots of information. We were a short walk from a very nice restaurant. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room also had an oversized bathtub. I would consider staying here again if visiting High Point

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ltownwrangler

Thanks for taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor! Our staff takes pride in assisting guests in finding their way around High Point and giving that extra attention. I will be sure to share your compliments with them. I'm glad you also found your guest room to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again on your return to High Point.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had a great experience here. I stayed for 2 nights while in High Point to shop for furniture. The location is very convenient to all of the outlets and stores. It is in a lovely old section of town with many restaurants close by. The public areas of the inn are charming and historic; my room in the new section was completely modern and beautiful. The room had a real wow factor with beautiful furniture and a fantastic bathroom with an oversize soaking tub. The people were all helpful and nice and the rates were very reasonable. Those rates include breakfast and a glass of wine every night. I ate at the in house restaurant one night and it was very good, too.

Room Tip: I don't know what the rooms in the old section are like, but the ones in the new section are ver...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NancyinNJ
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We spent two nights at the JHAdams Inn in two rooms for the five of us. The inn is a former large home with a new addition next door. The Saturday we arrived there was a wedding reception in the inn. The inn was entirely booked and the staff busy. Still we were warmly welcomed. We had rooms in the new addition. Each room is differently furnished with furniture from the local furniture manufacturers. Room 35 had a beautiful 4 poster bed and number 32 had white beach-casual furniture. Our bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was roomy with a tub/shower combination. The tub was large and inviting. My only suggestion for improvement would be for the complimentary breakfast every morning. While the the food is fine with sausages, eggs, and pastries, there needs to be more staff to keep up replenishing coffee and the hot foods. The Sunday morning we were there for breakfast the one server went above and beyond to take care of the guests. Based on our weekend experience at the inn, we would happily return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travel7continents
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I bought a groupon that was a pretty good deal and I was so looking forward to a quick get away with my husband ,I found sitters for my kids and we drove an hour and a half to get there. A week Before I got there I called to see if I needed reservations for dinner at hamptons ( we had a voucher)and they said it was not necessary so I did not. When I got there there was a reception going on so I asked what time we could eat at, and they said they were booked , and there were no tables available it was 5:30 they said we could eat at the bar or do room service. We went to the bar and the bartender asked what we would like ,we ordered our drinks and then a few people from the reception started coming and he got pretty busy so we waited patiently. After the big rush(20 minutes or so) he was talking to the guest sitting at the bar and watching tv.. ( he forgot about us, and there was only 2 tables in the bar area)So we left... We ordered room service, and ate a $60 meal sitting on our bed..
The room itself was beautiful,and big..the next morning we went downstairs for breakfast around 9:00 and they had one girl working, no tables available, no eggs or coffee.. So we left and went to Krispy Kreme...
We will not be back...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mtitocci
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We held a welcome party for our out of town guests on the eve of our wedding in the bar and lobby area of the Adams Inn. Our guests loved the charm and history of the hotel. It was the perfect location to welcome our guests for the wedding weekend!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurel M
Reviewed 5 November 2013

After living and working in High Point for a number of years, recently returned after a 3 year absence. Adams was the best then and was still solid. High Point doesn't have much to offer in nicer hotels and this place is at the top.

Pros- nice big spacious room, well decorated, the entire place has a charming authentic upscale Southern feel to it. Parking is free and convenient. Staff is extremely friendly. Free breakfast, mostly continental but they will make eggs and had sausage. Very good restaurant on site for dinner as well as a nice intimate bar.

Cons- TV in the room was a fairly small old school low definition model. The toilet valve was faulty, making a loud whooshing sound the whole time. It was like that when I checked in, earlier in the day the maid should have notified someone, would have been an easy fix.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
#6 of 14 in High Point
Graylyn Estate
Graylyn Estate
#1 of 38 in Winston Salem

Been to J.H. Adams Inn? Share your experiences!