J.H. Adams Inn
Motel 6 High Point(High Point)
US$61
  • Fitness centre
Quality Inn(High Point)
US$62
US$73
Courtyard High Point(High Point)
US$174
US$179
US$175
Atrium Inn(High Point)
US$87
All reviewscomplimentary glass of winefurniture shoppingmain streetboutique hotelthe main housegallery roomsouthern charmintimate barhigh ceilingsdeep bathtubrestful staycontinental farebeautifully appointed roomsworth the detourlong dayswedding ceremonyspecial events
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Absolutely DO NOT recommend. My husband and I stayed for one night, Tuesday, June 24th while visiting Furnitureland South. The parking lot is behind the hotel between the garbage collection area and a burned and abandoned home. There wasn't any security. When arriving in the lobby no one was at the desk to attend to us for at least 5 minutes. When carried our luggage to our room in an adjoining building as there wasn't anyone to assist. As soon as we opened the door to the third floor room, we were greeted with an old, dingy, moldy smell and dirty, green carpeting. The sheets were wrinkled and did not appear to be fresh linen. The strong odor from the tap made showering and brushing our teeth an ill experience. We were grateful we had personal pillows in our car, as that shielded the smell while we slept. I am shocked by the glowing reviews from Trip Advisor, as we would never recommend or return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank FRW10
DanaLuB, Manager at J.H. Adams Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am disappointed that we fell short of your expectation, and as you can see from all of the excellent reviews, this is extremely rare. I wish we would have had the opportunity to address your concern for your room while you were here. We always have remedies to offer in effort to make sure every guest leaves completely satisfied with their room and service. We can relocate guests if they are not satisfied with their view. I apologize that the beautiful historic house next to us was burned. Since it is in an historic district, you can imagine the lengths that the owner is going through to retain and restore all possible elements of the house, especially since we are located in a safe, upper scale neighborhood on Main Street. There is no excuse for not having staff available upon your arrival, and I do apologize for the inconvenience. The only time they step away from the reception desk is for immediate issues, and I apologize for the poor timing on our part. All guest rooms are cleaned and freshened daily, and all linens are brand new. We actually receive and fulfill many request to purchase our entire bedding package. We just feel short of your expectations in so many ways; however, I do believe if you call me direct at (336)882-3267 we can work out a remedy that will completely satisfy you, in hopes that you will return and give us a glowing review! Many of our guests are in town visiting Furnitureland South, and we appreciate the fine quality of service and attention our guests are accustomed to. I’m confident we can provide that for you next time you are visiting High Point.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Excellent staff from the initial call in to book a room to the hospitality that the entire staff offers. Just like having a family away from home. Great rooms and food. Management to employees to late check outs it is in a prime location

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank David1167
DanaLuB, Guest Relations Manager at J.H. Adams Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for the excellent 5 star review! We’re so glad you felt at home and enjoyed the food in Hampton’s Restaurant. I’ll pass along your compliments to the Chef and Staff. They strive to attend to every detail and provide a quality experience for all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in High Point! Thanks again for recommending us!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Excellent option if you're in the High Point area. Good in town location,friendly staff ,excellent rooms all at a very reasonable price. Heads above the typical motel experience. I was playing in a golf tournament nearby and picked the JH Adams thanks to a referral-I'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Bill L

Thanks for sharing your great experience with others! We love it when our guests feel like they’ve received the value they expect with friendly service. I’ll pass your compliments along to the staff. We do have quite a few golfers playing at area courses that stay with us on a regular basis, and look forward to having you back next time you are in High Point! Thanks again for the recommendation!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stopped here for one night while on a road trip up the east coast. The service was excellent, with a complimentary glass of wine, which we enjoyed in their restaurant. We didn't eat dinner there but we did try their house-made chocolate torte, which was heavenly.

Our room was in a newer wing (an annex building attached by a covered patio). The room was lovely - a historical feel but with all the modern amenities you could ask for (plasma TV, powerful AC, etc.) The bathroom was enormous, with a gigantic bathtub.

Highly recommended for anyone looking for something different than the ubiquitous chain hotels along 85.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LBloomberg
DanaLuB, Public Relations Manager at J.H. Adams Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thanks for your EXCELLENT review! I’m so glad you found us and was able to stop over on your road trip. We are convenient to the interstate, and in a perfect location close to fine shopping and dining. Our complimentary wine is an inviting way for our guests to relax and enjoy friendships while sharing travel stories. Our staff prides themselves on offering a unique experience for guests who enjoy the history and ambiance of this old Italian style mansion built for a prominent industrialist and businessman, John Hampton Adams. The 27 room addition to the original House was built over 10 years ago, which is where you stayed. I am happy you enjoyed your guestroom and bathroom as they are very spacious. Thank you so much for appreciating our elegant character and quality services.
We hope you will stay with us again next time you are passing through, and thanks again for sharing your experience with others!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Recently, members of my family had a wedding event at the J. H. Adams Inn. It worked out very well for us as many people came from out of town and stayed at the Inn. As noted in many of the reviews, the rooms are very nice. Ours had a king size bed. The bathroom appeared to be recently renovated with new fixtures and a large tub. The wedding and reception afterward were held in the covered courtyard between buildings which provided a good private setting while also convenient to the hotel rooms. While our room faced the courtyard, local ordinances require no noise after 10:30 PM, so things quieted down relatively early. Our family's event was not the only wedding there during the weekend we stayed.

The only notable problem, which has appeared in other reviews, involves breakfast service where the staff allows the eggs and sausage to totally run out before preparing more. The staff otherwise did a wonderful and friendly job of supporting our event. If I return to High Point, I would definitely stay here over the other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the courtyard will be quieter, although not a major problem as noise is limited after 10:30 PM.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Charlie T
DanaLuB, Manager at J.H. Adams Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us an EXCELLENT review! We frequently have travelers staying with us who are attending a wedding in our courtyard, and we thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to treat our guests to a wonderful stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the guest rooms. Thanks for your feedback about the breakfast service. I will take this back to my team to improve upon our timing so there are no delays in replenishing popular dishes such as our farm fresh scrambled eggs. Thanks again for your review and your recommendation. I look forward to your return business, next to time you travel to High Point.