“Wonderful!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

SammyG's is our favorite place to go in High Point. We've never had a bad meal or bad service, in fact the service is especially good we think. The waiters are knowledgeable about the menu choices and the wine list and can be helpful in making a selection if you are torn between items. The outdoor section is pleasant in nice weather and the interior comfortable at other times. You couldn't go wrong in choosing Sammy G's for a very nice meal.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The above title says it all, My daughter, son-in-law, my husband and myself had dinner at Sammy G's yesterday for Mother's Day. While my family's dinners were all very good they were nothing compared to the Seabass Risito which was creamy, delicately spiced, served in a big wide bowl and was hot without being too hot (I hate having to blow on my food to cool it down). The service was outstanding from the young lady at the front, to the waitress and server. Not only was the dinner good but the Strawberry Basil Martini was out of this world, slightly sweet with just a hint of basil taste and then the dinner ended with Bananas Foster (they have a name for it but I do not remember it but boy do I remember the dessert), but make sure you share it as the dessert is quite large. Next time we are in High Point that is where we are going to eat. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We went late one Sunday evening. They were very gracious and welcoming.

We started off with the Tuna Tostada appetizer. I could make a meal out of this wonderful treat! The tuna was cooked to perfection... then there's that slice of avocado, creamy cheese, crunchy tortilla. Delicious!

I then got the Crab Melt - lovely! A little gooey but not too much... topped with bacon. Need I saw more?

My husband got the Seafood Pasta and enjoyed every bite.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

choose anything on the menu ,, and it will be a winner ,, I am a regular there during the Furniture Market .. can get quite busy .. but the bar is fun to hang out around while waiting on your table.. and the staff and owners are the best

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We eat here frequently when in the area. Menu choices are plentiful and portion sizes are good as we never have room for dessert. If you want great service and a little entertainment be sure to sit in Gary's section. He's a hoot and makes your night out a lot of fun.

Been to Sammy G's Tavern? Share your experiences!