“Sammy G's Tavern”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Come hungry! If you order the Tavern Burger, you will have enough food for several meals. Good service too!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice local restaurant Tavern
Had the calamari for an appetizer
Stuffed flounder for the main dish
Excellent service
Very clean and organized
Reasonably priced for what you get and portion size

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is part of my weekly ritual. I usually eat there once per week for lunch. The staff is wonderful and the food is fantastic. Never had a bad meal here. Give it a try.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had dinner there last night. I sat at the bar and the bartender/waitress (Amber) was fantastic. She treated everyone who came in as a long lost friend. Sammy G's really made a good hire with her. Even if they had bad food, people would come back because of the way Amber treated them. The also good news is that the food is good. I ordered a rib eye steak medium well and stressed that I like it pink-not brown or red. It came out perfectly cooked and well seasoned topped with French fried onion rings. I got their Blue Cheese dressing for my salad and it was excellent. I even kept a little after finishing my salad to dip my bread in. I got mashed potatoes as a side. They were also excellent. They have an excellent wine menu with many good choices by the glass at reasonable prices for the quality of wine they serve.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

SammyG's is our favorite place to go in High Point. We've never had a bad meal or bad service, in fact the service is especially good we think. The waiters are knowledgeable about the menu choices and the wine list and can be helpful in making a selection if you are torn between items. The outdoor section is pleasant in nice weather and the interior comfortable at other times. You couldn't go wrong in choosing Sammy G's for a very nice meal.

Been to Sammy G's Tavern? Share your experiences!