“Happy we chose the Chop House”

Chop House at Mendenhall
Ranked #20 of 290 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Made a spontaneous dinner decision to eat at The Chop House in High Point. The bruschetta, salads and entree's were wonderful and cooked to perfection. I am a bruschetta fan and this was the best I have ever had. Our waitress was wonderful, extremely friendly and pleasant and took care of us very well. Prices are steep but service and food helps smooth that part over. We will most definitely go there again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

First thing that called my attention is the nice atmosphere on this restaurant. Different rooms, we dined by the fireplace.
Waitress was very nice and gave good recomendations.
Me and my bodies have taken from seafood, a delicious crab cake to beef and duck breast. All delicious.
Worth the visit

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We went here quite by accident, just out looking for someplace to have a good meal. We were new to High Point so finding this restaurant was truly a fortunate accident. Our server, Jeremy, was on loan to this location from another Chop House in Wilmington, NC because the furniture market was on in High Point. He was terrific. He chatted with us about the trip we're on, what we should see in Blowing Rock, Boone and the Blue Ridge Mountains. He was very pleasant and he made our visit so enjoyable!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were looking for lunch after flying into Greensboro. This place was perfect. I loved my ahi tuna salad. My son claimed the fried cod was the best fish he ever had.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

While pricing my wife and I eat out at a lot of high dollar restaurants. To our surprise, one of our top five meals was at the Chop House in High Point, NC. My wife had a filet mignon ordered medium that arrived at our table as medium as you can get and cooker perfectly from one edge to the other. I ordered the "Surf and Turf" with a filet mignon and a lobster tail and loaded baked potato. Once again the steak was cooked to perfection, the lobster tail was not chewy or rubbery and the baked potato was a medium (not small) sized potato. My wife also had a wild mushroom risotto that was to die for. Service was excellent. Atmosphere was open and friendly and an overall experience of 5 stars. Highly recommended.