“Good lunch buffet”

Cuisines: Indian
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good lunch buffet”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

The best value is the lunch buffet. Usually has most if the favorites. Buffet includes a dessert as well, lately it has been rice pudding. You can also order from a menu if you ask. Menu prices are a bit high. Buffet is open by 11:30 and I recommend getting there early while it is fresh.

Maiden, North Carolina, United States
“Fantastic lunch buffet”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I love Indian & Pakistani style good and always look for it when we travel. We happened to find this place by accident and are so glad that we did. What an amazing assortment of popular dishes!
Excellent spice level which is enjoyable for people familiar with the cuisine and still approachable for those curious.

I cannot recommend this place enough.

Sit in or carry out but if you're nearby you must eat here!

Jamestown, North Carolina
“Saag!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I go the lunch buffet here often. I was very sad to hear that the previous owner has cancer, he was a friendly face I always enjoyed seeing. The new owners are doing great, the food is just as good. Their saag is my absolute favorite I could truly eat it everyday. My husband loves the tandoor chicken. Naan is tender and fresh. I love trying new dishes on the buffet. The buffet is small but very fresh and well maintained. The condiment bar is a nice addition, I am addicted to the mango chutney. Reasonable prices and nice decor.

• Visited March 2014
High Point
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I love Indian food every now and then. This is a great spot. Friendly service and great food. I love the pink sweet chicken dish. The owner was all smiles and very helpful with suggesting what dish to try.

• Visited March 2013
Adrian, Michigan
1,303 restaurant reviews
“Decent Indian”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My colleague and I were in town on business and decided to try this place after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. Based on the elevated expectations, we were a little disappointed. The reviews suggested it was a top-notch spot but we did not agree after our visit. I give this an "average" rating because I believe that describes it accurately. It is possible they were a little off their game that night, however, as it can be difficult to judge from one experience. This restaurant is located in a reasonably attractive strip mall (to the extent that strip malls can be attractive). It was not easy to spot from the road but our GPS was reliable. The interior was small but it was adequately comfortable as the tables were reasonably spaced. The décor was unremarkable as it neither added to nor detracted from the experience. The menu appeared to lean toward Southern Indian and the prices were generally not unreasonable. It appeared that the server was not the regular waiter as the women at the next table asked him "where the other gentleman was". The regular waiter appeared later in the evening and it was unfortunate he was not there earlier. The person who waited on us did not have a great command of English and it affected the details of our order. We ordered the condiment tray and were never sure whether the papadam came with it or not. So we ordered the papadam separately which was a bit on the expensive side from my perspective. I would also say we were disappointed to find no chaat among the appetizer selections. My colleague and I both had the Mulligatawny Soup. One of my favorite things about sampling various Indian restaurants is to experience individual takes on recipes for Mulligatawny. The stock on this soup was not as rich as some (which is not a bad thing at all) but it was also one of the spiciest I have ever had as they were generous with the chili oil. It was a bit of a shock at first but in the end I actually found myself liking it (I think my fondness was enhanced once the numbness on my taste buds abated). For our mains, we shared the vegetable biryani and the chili chicken. The former was OK but not remarkable and the latter was a little disappointing, quite frankly. I had just had chicken chili at an Indian place in upstate NY that was outstanding and this recipe was rather bland by comparison. We ordered it to be spiced "medium" to be cautious and the spice level was actually OK just in terms of the "kick". But it had little else in the way of flavor. The breads that accompanied our meal were fine. My colleague is a big fan of garlic naan so he ordered that and I had the roti. I also had a masala chai to finish the meal. This is another joy in sampling different Indian restaurants as each one has their own take on the spices used in their tea. As it turned out, I liked the chai spice mix well enough in this establishment. In all, however, I'm afraid I would have to say this was a very average dining experience.

• Visited June 2013