“Super food and great service”
Review of Penny Path Cafe

Penny Path Cafe
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in High Point
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: We are a small cafe that holds 17 to 20 guests and all of our crepes are made to order. The penny Path is not a quick fix, if you have 10 folks in front of you expect to wait a little for your turn;) We offer sweet and savory crepes as well as made to order Coffee Drinks. Our savory menu is all vegetable and cheese based. We offer one main savory Crepe, the "Kitchen Sink" which contains a little of all the savory ingredients we carry. Guests can also create their own savory crepe with the available ingredients. Anyone of our Crepe Cooks can also be trusted to be let loose to create whatever they feel like for you, commonly know here as the "Trust Me" Crepe.
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

The gentleman working on a Thu. afternoon couldn't have been nicer and more welcoming. The crepes were absolutely gorgeous! Both the savory and sweet. Great food, great value, great service. We had our dog with us, so the sidewalk seats were a great option. Wish there was a bit more shade.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

After hearing about this spot for a long time my two sons and I finally went for brunch Sunday morning. I give both the ambiance and the food the highest marks possible. Now with that said let me explain...if you are looking for a 5-star Zagats rated 5 course meal this is not the spot. This is a very small European-style cafe that seats maybe 15-20 with a very limited menu....BUT everything is super fresh. It's a crepe shop after all. Shorts and t-shirt or polo are fine. They do have some limited meat there (as opposed to the review below) I had a crepe with bacon and egg along with a fantastic pesto spread some feta some veggies and a fantastic parmesean crunchy crusty finish. WoHoo...fantastic. My kids went with something sweeter...the Sweet Treat...white choc chip macadamea cookie dough, nutella, almonds and bananas with some powdered sugar and fresh whip cream...OFF the chart great. The owner is a great guys, spent time talking to us and educating us about what he does and his business. If you dont want crepes for dinner this would be a wonerful spot to hit AFTER dinner for a cup of cofee and a nice dessertt to share and a great place for a lunch date or to just go sit at the bar top and have a crepe. He indicated that he is considering expanding to put a larger kitchen in....I hope he is successful....HP needs more uptown places like this. GREAT CITY SPOT. Support him!

1  Thank Ediddyontheroad
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My husband went to Penny Path for my birthday brunch & it was great! Parking wasn't bad for a Friday but the restaurant needs more seating. We ordered The Kitchen Sink & a sweet crèpe with white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough. They were both very delicious! The two young ladies working were very friendly & full of energy which added to the experience! She even wrote Happy Birthday around my crèpe in chocolate & made a strawberry & whipped cream flower with a candle on top! My husband & I will definitely visit again!!!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We went on a trip advisor recommendation to try something local while traveling to Nags Head. It was excellent- both the Kitchen Sink and dessert crepes we ordered. It was so good in fact we told the owner we'd be back on our way home 6/29. Very disappointed to find a "Sold Out- Sorry Guys" sign on the window. Just be prepared for disappointment if they take time off due to poor planning on their part or whatever.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Food was very good; we had the Kitchen sink (huge and very filling with lots of cheese) and the fruit cheesecake crepe with lots of berries...YUM! Meat eaters will not have an option unless cheese does it for you. Food was very good with reasonable prices. Service was a little slow even though everything is made to order. Seating is limited and parking difficult in downtown Hickory.