“Pros and Cons”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Pros and Cons”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Pros:
Live music was excellent
Service was great
Atmosphere was great
Desert was great
Loved the dimed lighting

Cons:
My entree (the special) was not what I expected. Lots of fat (T-bone) and gristle. The sauce poured over it was a bit unexpected as well and I personally thought it took away from the taste overall. I'm sure the menu stated it but wish I had noticed, I would have asked for it on the side.

I love this restaurant and I believe this is the first time I've felt like this about the food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank gnaff9093

Jamestown NC
“Consistently great meals and service”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We eat here a half-dozen times a year. My wife dearly loves their shrimp and grits. I usually get their prime ribs, also really great, and they know what "rare" really means. On our most recent visit, I noted the prime rib price had gone up, so I decided to try something different: the Louisiana fried catfish. Really great: large portion, two big filets, perfectly cooked. We ate out on a glassed in patio, another change for us, and enjoyed it very much. Advisable to ask when you make reservation: is there live music? If so, request seating on the above-mentioned patio or on the second floor of the restaurant. The musician is a regular and does a really great job, but the resulting noise level makes it tough to carry on a conversation if you're too close.

• Visited April 2014
High Point, North Carolina
“Ribs, wine and music!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We love this restaurant and frequent here on special occasions. (Be sure to sign up for their email list and get great discounts for birthdays and anniversaries!)

We love the ribs the most. Go on Friday and get half price on the wine. Plus, they have live music on Friday and Saturday nights. (wine is not half price on Saturday, though.)

Onion rings are great, too. :-)

• Visited February 2014
Chapel Hill, NC
“Interesting Decor & Good Food”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Ate here for a business meeting. We think the decor is New Orleans, but it was unique. Decor does not make or break a restaurant, and the food was very good. Not being a steak eater, I had the very good Jambalaya which was spicy as advertised. The serving was large and wonderful. The wine list was extensive and the Riesling ordered for the table was excellent. I also like the creole vinaigrette salad dressing.

Our waitress was very good and helpful, and service flowed smoothly. would certainly eat here again.

Visited March 2014
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
“Always a Hit”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is our fifth time eating at Steak Street when in Greensboro for the ACC Tourney. The steaks are always the best. I get the fried oysters as an add on, they are wonderful. Very nice atmosphere, friendly and attentive wait staff and a piano player that plays great background music.

• Visited March 2014