“Steak Street - Don't Bother”
Review of Steak Street

Steak Street
Ranked #15 of 292 Restaurants in High Point
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The food is average at best. They're charging Ruth's Chris prices for mediocre steaks. My wife did enjoy her salmon.

The real problem is the service which leaves a lot to be desired. She never asked if we needed drink refills or wanted desert.

The live music was excellent.

1  Thank wf9150

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is one of those restaurants that just misses - nice menu, good variety, reads well, shows promise - but at the end of the meal, you have experienced nothing exceptional - not in quality, and definitely not in value - and when you just miss at these prices, that's a mile.

The Prime Rib - 14 ounces for $30 - was ok, but chewy - $30 Prime Rib should not be chewy, it should be melt in your mouth tender. The roasted Vegetables were roasted vegetables. The full Rack of Ribs ($21) were also just ok, and also lacked tenderness - there was no falling off the bone here.

Red Beans & Rice was tasty, and loaded with Andouille Sausage & Tasso Ham - probably the best tasting of the entrees we tried, but no bargin. The Black Bean Soup, the Side Salad, and the Baked Potato were also, just ok. The Key Lime Pie ($7) was good, and authentic.

This was an $80 meal tab, with no alcohol - and not an experience I'd repeat, not on the whole, not on any item.

2  Thank Fred B
Steak S, Manager at Steak Street, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

The review above is about a visit in August 2013.
Half of the reviewed items are not on our menu since last year.
This review is not reflecting today's operation.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Dissappointed is exactly how I felt....Not only is the restuarant in need of decor overhaul after all of these years but they need HUGE improvements in the quality of their food. Menu is not very flexible with vegetarians but once our waitress asked they were able to make a Pasta Alfredo dish that tasted like spoiled cream.. I would not even allow my daughter to eat it. My husband's filet was almost burnt instead of medium. We did not complain the waitress was clearly not the problem....until we received our check...$26.00 for spoiled Pasta Alfredo?? No sea food, no chicken..just noodles and 1/2 cup of spoiled sauce? Really? I did complain about that and it was removed once speaking to the manager who really did not seem to care at all about my concerns..I can feel very confident in saying we will NOT return nor will I ever recommend this place. If you want classy, quality food stick to Sammy G's up the road.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I enjoy the outside patio as it is very relaxing. Love the house salad with cranberries and walnuts. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Sharon M S
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Don't like to leave negative feedback, this time I was so disappointed that it wasn't even funny. Me and my wife visit today this restaurant at 1130 appetizer arrived 45 minutes later waited for food additional 20 min, my food was hideous. I find out if me as a the barber can cook the food better than a chef then you have a problem with your restaurant. Service was great manager was awesome my wife food was okay my food was a complete joke and I think will take a while before I decide to come back. Truly disappointed.

Steak S, Manager at Steak Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I am very sorry that your meal did not live up to the level of quality that our guests have come to expect from our restaurant.
After talking to you Friday lunch, I understood you recently came at Steak Street multiple times and enjoyed it.
It is our highest priority to provide our guests with an exceptional dining experience and in this instance we certainly failed to do this,
In the restaurant business our reputation and success is built one meal at a time and your continued patronage has been very important to us.
Once again, please accept our sincere apology for this unfortunate incident and thank you for letting us know about it.

Been to Steak Street? Share your experiences!