“Excellent Italian in High Point ”
Review of Lulu & Blu

Lulu & Blu
Ranked #24 of 300 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Two couples, four dishes, all outstanding. I had the Special. Shrimp, lobster, asparagus with a bacon pesto sauce. Outstanding. My wife had a Seafood Bucatini. She loved it. Our friends had the Linguine Vongole and the Bolognese. It was all so good that we did something we've never done before. We passed the plates around so everyone could have a taste. We are good friends, but we've never done that before. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Ordered our drinks at the bar while we were waiting for our table.We were required to pay for our drinks ($24.02) before we were seated at our table.
Ordered two (2) entries for $33.09 dollars.
WE were not allowed to combine both orders ($57.11) therefore lost our coupon discount!!!
WE WILL NOT be returning and we're local customers.Food was average,nothing special

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We love this place. The food has never disappointed and the staff is always on top of their game. Whether a regular menu item or one of their specials, you're always in for a great meal. The wine selection is also impressive.

Do yourself a favor and order the fried cheese curd appetizer. They're like little tiny mozzarella stick cheese bomb crack.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

I had an awesome meal here last night..the Bolognese was to die for..the wine was a little pricey for 9 oz...I will definately be back!! Amazing food!!

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit to Lulu & Blu and I went there to try it and to decide if it would be a good choice for a family gathering which would include children and both young and senior adults. I can certainly appreciate the talent and effort which goes into their menu selections and preparation. It would be better however to have at least a few simple, less gourmet inspired choices on the menu for those who don't wish to be quite so adventurous or those who need to adhere to a more mainstream palate.
I had the tomato based seafood/tenderloin risotto which was a nightly special. It was a very large portion so even if I had liked it I could not have finished the entire plate. I did not care for the flavor at all as it had a very overwhelming lamb taste to it. It was served with their crusted bread. The risotto was topped with a very small crab cake. The crab cake was very dry and had little flavor.

The service was great. The hostess was very friendly and prompt. My server was gracious friendly proficient and knowledgable.

Atmosphere was good. I sat on the patio which was quite nice and comfortable and spacious. Walking thru the restaurant it did appear to be a little dark but quite pleasant. On a week night it at 7:30 the tables were about 30 percent occupied.

My overall desision was not to return for our family event simply because of the lack of appeal to children and teens and because of the limited selections.

My meal for the risotto and iced tea (no appetizer, no salad, no alcohol and no dessert). was $26.00 plus tip.

1  Thank NCKate

Been to Lulu & Blu? Share your experiences!