“Stayed there on March 6th”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“Stayed there on March 6th”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stay there March 6th there was an ice storm had planned to stay the week but this place has no back up generator so no amenities, No power no hot water nothing. I had the good fortune to have friends in the area with power. i checked out the next day because power was out for days. I was told by the manger I would receive a full credit to my credit card when the power came back, because of the situation at hand. To this I am still waiting for my credit and the excuses I am getting you wouldn't believe. This place has me paying for time i didn't stay So I cant say I would ever stay here or any Quality Inn because of this.

Room Tip: Don't stay in March
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Ricky P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. Unfortunately we did experience an ice storm during your stay. As this is an act of nature we have no control over what happens. All guest who booked through a third party were told to contact that party in order to receive their refund, as they would be the ones responsible for any charges made to the guests' credit card. We have no control over the refund process from the third party. If there was anything we could do to help we would be more than happy to. I apologize for any inconvenience. We hope you give us another change the next time you are in this area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I'm amazed reading the other reviews. Were they staying in another hotel, or did the staff write the reviews. Only good points I can give you about this hotel was the bathroom was clean and the bed sheets were cleaned.

The bedspread had cigarette burns in it and it was folded to hide the burns. So I removed this immediately. I had booked a non-smoking room and got a smoking room. When I requested to be moved, I was told that there were no more rooms available. They had already charged the card for the five nights, so if I left, there would be no refunds.

The bar fridge was so gummy around the handle that I had to clean it before I could open it. The window treatments were filthy, with caked on nicotine. The room and hallways reeked of cigarette smoke. They had installed a new light fixture over the sink and ripped half the wallpaper off before installing the light. The vanity was out in the main room, not in the bathroom, which was find except the wallpaper border.

There was a new hair dryer somewhat installed on the right side of the sink, but the plug was on the left side, so I had to unhook it from the wall to use it, and had the wall portion banging against my side each day when I dried my hair. Looks like I may not have been the first to do this because it came unhooked from the wall extremely easy. I could have plugged it in behind the bar fridge cabinet, if I could move the cabinet to reach in there, I don't think so.

But the worst part was the card reader on the door. Just after I arrived, after a long tiring day of travel, I immediately got ready to go to bed, but heard someone at my door, doing what appeared to be trying to get in my room. I looked through the door peephole to see a man just walking away. He returned five minutes later and again proceeded to work at the card reader. At this point I opened my door while still keeping the safety latch across and asked him what he was doing. He explained that he worked there and was changing the batteries in my door card reader. One would think that I would have received a call telling me that someone was coming up to change the batteries in the door card reader! I called down to the front desk to have this confirmed and was told that the man was the hotel manager! Guess you have to multitask in this hotel! When I left the room the next morning, I discovered that they had DUCT taped the cover back on to the card reader after he changed the batteries. Guess that's why he returned for a second trip!

I never unpacked my suitcase, which I normally always do if I stay in a hotel more than one night. I locked everything in my suitcase when I left the room each day to work.

There was a complimentary breakfast, with no one working the room. I discovered the morning I left that the night clerk gets the breakfast room ready. There was no kettle to prepare a cup of tea, even though there was tea bags. I decided to have instant oatmeal the first morning, but discovered with no hot water it had to be prepared in the microwave, by guessing how much water to use. It was like putty when I removed it from the microwave. I elected to have a bagel for the remaining mornings. Only had seating room on the first morning, once the show started it was standing room only to eat your breakfast!

I travel a lot with my job and it's not uncommon for me to be in a hotel twice a month. I can only think of two worst hotels I have stayed in ten years of traveling, and both of those I only stayed one night and left. Because the furniture show was on during my visit, it was almost impossible to get another hotel.

I paid $154/ night for the five nights, and while I waited to ask to be moved the first day, I stood behind a gentleman who was booking a five night stay for the following week and he was quoted $50/ night. He was told he was better off booking a week and pay $40/ night for the week. It was clear they were gouging attendees for the furniture show.

Overall it was a disappointment because it did not live up to the reviews I read first on this site. This is the first time I have written a review, but I thought it was important to alert others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Wanda W
Ricky P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review for our hotel. Unfortunately rooms booked through third parties or travel agents are often booked as smoking rooms. We encourage all of our guest to confirm the room type with the travel agency and/or the hotel directly. All of our rooms are equipped the same way. The sink and vanity are outside bathroom, along with the hair dryer. Also, the wallpaper border is designed to stop at the light fixture and continue around the rest of the room after the light fixture. We provide complimentary tea and coffee in our breakfast area 24/7. Hot water is provided from our brewing machine, the spout that provides the water is labeled: Caution Hot Water. High Point Furniture Market is a huge event in this area, as a result rooms sell out quickly. If there was another room available, I assure you our front desk staff would have been more than happy to relocate you. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Travellers are raving about these High Point hotels

Vicksburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Quality inn saved us as we needed a place to stay after we saw the place we originally booked nice and clean place to stay the desk clerk was very helpful in recommending restaurants and other attractions breakfast area was clean and well prepared

Stayed February 2014
Ricky P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank You for your recent stay with us and for the feedback you have provided. We certainly thank you for taking the time to share and leave us such a wonderful review and positive feedback. We continue to work to provide each of our guests with an exceptional experience during their stay. We look forward to your next visit to the Quality Inn here in High Point.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 January 2014

When I made my phone reservations and heard the very low price I wondered what kind of hotel I was checking into. What a pleasant surprise. Salena the receptionist was friendly and professional. I asked for a ground floor on the less sunny side of the hotel with a microwave and frig and was told no problem. She asked how my day was going thanked me for being a Diamond Choice member. All top shelf.
The hallway was immaculate as was the room. The room was spacious and everything worked.
For sure this Hotel is a real find. The next time I am even close to High Point, NC I am staying here. The rates are great. The breakfast was all well presented and very good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I liked the super friendly staff, very helpful and kind. I will definitely go there again. The bed was very comfortable. Nice clean room. We liked everything especially the pillows. I could not complain about anything. Felt like home.

• Stayed January 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the Quality inn in High point Nc a vary pleasant experience. The staff was good and friendly. All of our needs were taken care of. The room was large and it was clean. Our breakfast in the morning was very good.There ware many selections and included hot selections like waffle and eggs. We had a good time and if were in the area again I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014
Ricky P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks. We strive to exceed the expectations of each of our guests' during their stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to High Point.
Also consider these accommodations in or near High Point
Wingate by Wyndham High Point
Radisson Hotel High Point
Radisson Hotel High Point
#9 of 14 in High Point
Biltmore Suites Hotel
Biltmore Suites Hotel
#6 of 14 in High Point
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Motel 6 High Point
Motel 6 High Point
#8 of 14 in High Point
Courtyard High Point
Courtyard High Point
#4 of 14 in High Point

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!