“Very Good and Comfortable Hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in High Point
Reviewed 25 August 2014

In comparison to Motel 6 in High Point,NC, from where I checked out early and moved here,this Hotel is Heaven. Just a wee bit more I paid and I found I had moved to a very relaxing,comfortable Hotel. Very clean,Good rooms and bathrooms.Highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I have never been so upset with a hotel experience. In 15 years of frequently staying in hotels I have never left one in the middle of the night and called for a refund...until now. Whether it was the candy wrappers and toe nail clippings on the floor...the air conditioner that had probably never been cleaned or the window that was was a haze from filth I was disgusted by what I found. I have since advised priceline to remove this hotel from their offerings and plan to escalate my complaints with the ownership of the hotel. No one should be subjected to staying here. In addition it was marginally more expensive than another hotel I found later in the night of much higher quality. I also was bitten by bugs in the short time was there and my traveling companion developed rash like bites presumably from bed bugs. Consider this your warning...stay away from this place. To their credit they did issue the appropriate refund and did appologize for the trouble. They seemed surprised...I hope they investigate this situation so that it doesn't happen in the future.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel isn't the nicest I've ever stayed in, and yes there were some weird elements, but overall it was a good night's sleep after being on the road for six hours. Good price through third party, good sleep, solid breakfast. Bedside lamps didn't work, even after I plugged them in (which was kinda weird- having to plug in all of the lamps in the room to get light), but not that big of a deal. Bathroom was clean, carpet maybe could have been vacuumed a bit more thoroughly as there were bits in the corners and around the radiator but it certainly wasn't gross at all.

It also took the AC unit a little while to turn on, but when it did it made the room much less musty and was pleasant white noise to sleep to.

Friendly staff greeted us when we arrived at 2:45am, and I felt completely safe in the hotel (as opposed to other places I've stayed off the interstate).

I appreciated the variety of the breakfast, and the boyfriend really loved the sausage gravy and biscuits. (When I read this to him just now he said "I was actually quite impressed with the breakfast, it was a much wider selection than other hotels in that price range" and he knows his hotel breakfasts!)

I'd definitely stay here again if I needed a solid place to stay!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

If you need a place for a night stay passing through, then this hotel is fine. If you want anything over than that, keep looking. The desk clerk was on the phone all three times we needed to speak to her (not the same person). They wouldn't look up to acknowledge we were there and even say she would be with us in a minute. The room was relatively clean, but very old and in need of an update. The bathroom door had wood paneling, the sink was outside the bathroom, and shavings from the ceiling had fallen all over the bed. For the price it wasn't bad, but wouldn't be my first choice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank busygirl27
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I would like to say the check in guy Jamie was excellent he was very prompt with any concerns. He is a new manager there very professional. The breakfast was very good I love the waffles. The room improvements are great it really updates the place. I really enjoyed being able to go swimming in the pool the patio is really nice it even has a grill the guest may use. Everything really exceeded my expectations crisp clean linens fresh towels Daily. Thank you for you Southern hospitality I really enjoyed the stay and the Mexican restaurant down the road la hacienda great recommendation.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Walking into this hotel, the whole place had a disgusting smell. Went up to check out the room and I could not believe how bad it was! Looks like it hasn't been touched since the 60's. Gross bedding that was worn looking, the small sofa was worn, carpet dirty, old paintings and mirrors on the walls, and some piece of sliding wood for a bathroom door. I cannot tell you how bad this place is.......Never, never again! We went up to Greensboro to the La Quinta and had a beautiful room in a beautiful hotel for only $10 more a night!!

Room Tip: ...go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ovillelablover
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stay there March 6th there was an ice storm had planned to stay the week but this place has no back up generator so no amenities, No power no hot water nothing. I had the good fortune to have friends in the area with power. i checked out the next day because power was out for days. I was told by the manger I would receive a full credit to my credit card when the power came back, because of the situation at hand. To this I am still waiting for my credit and the excuses I am getting you wouldn't believe. This place has me paying for time i didn't stay So I cant say I would ever stay here or any Quality Inn because of this.

Room Tip: Don't stay in March
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Ricky P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. Unfortunately we did experience an ice storm during your stay. As this is an act of nature we have no control over what happens. All guest who booked through a third party were told to contact that party in order to receive their refund, as they would be the ones responsible for any charges made to the guests' credit card. We have no control over the refund process from the third party. If there was anything we could do to help we would be more than happy to. I apologize for any inconvenience. We hope you give us another change the next time you are in this area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near High Point
#11 of 14 in High Point
Biltmore Suites Hotel
Biltmore Suites Hotel
#7 of 14 in High Point
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!