“Great food and service”

Ranked #3 of 288 Restaurants in High Point
Price range: US$8 - US$37
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Owner/Chef Paul Riggan is serving an artistically infused menu with creations influenced from French, Asian, Caribbean and low country cuisines. Potato Crusted Salmon, a delectable Stealhead Carolina Trout as well as nightly specials await your selection. Feel free to look through the menus section to see the wide variety of food offered. Wonderful cuisines which range from Veal Crostini to a very tasty BBQ Duck Confit served over smoked cheddar polenta, locally grown collard greens and finished with a tangy barbecue sauce. Blue Water Grilled also offers a wide variety of non-seafood entrees including beef tenderloin. - See more at: http://www.Bluewatergrillenc.Com/About-Us#sthash.TtdOQswA.Dpuf
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We went to this restaurant in May for Mother's Day and the food was awesome, including the calamari appetizer. My husband had the frogmore stew and I had the scallops.

We returned in June for Father's Day (not exactly on that Sunday though) and ordered the same items we had in May. My husband's frogmore stew was about half the portion he received in May and my scallops went from four to just three. The food was still very good but we were very disappointed in the reduced portions. The prices didn't go down, just the portions. When I mentioned the difference to the server, he said the scallops are based on weight. They were the same size as what I had in May but just had one more then. He said nothing about my husband's meal.

We will not be returning there for entrees, maybe just appetizers next time.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I went with friends to Blue Water and had the best meal I have ever had in my life. I live in town and have been here before abd it is always great but this weekend was amazing. If you don't try this place at least once if you see living on town or just here for the weekend you are crazy. It is five star.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've eaten at Blue Water numerous times and it never disappoints. Crab bisque is great year-round. I've had fish, I've had steak, I've had chicken and I'm not sure I can say which is my favorite because everything is good.

1  Thank Mimi C
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This has always been one of our favorite places. . . however, this time the menu had changed and we didn't find it to be as good as before. The bread they serve looks like half eaten biscuits, and the selections are not as good as they use to be. The food could have been served hotter, but overall it was ok, just not worth the price.

2  Thank PD C
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Like scarlettsamber said, this restaurant is tucked away on a quiet street, and every time we visit our daughter at the local university, we make a point of eating here. We've eaten in the restaurant area as well as the bar and it's always just delicious with great service. It's a nice break from the typical southern battered and fried fare, and their menu is varied and everything tastes very fresh. The bartenders know how to make a well made cocktail (super good cosmo - I know, I'm dating myself, but I still do love a good one!). Definitely make an effort to find this place!

1  Thank deniseg12345

Been to Blue Water Grill? Share your experiences!