“Great little local deli!”

Capra's Italian Deli
Ranked #89 of 300 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Capra's is a family favorite. We stop in fairly frequently for their delicious sandwiches and specialties. They also offer wonderful Italian ices, cheesecake and other assorted yummy things for dessert. They have the best homemade potato salad around - we often buy it by the pound to take to family gatherings because everybody enjoys it so much. They have excellent deli meats and cheeses, as well as chicken salad. They also offer take and bake ( or warm) meals and sauces which are very good and convenient. Great NY style deli with friendly owners.

1  Thank tammyncgirl

Reviewed 9 July 2015

I was purchasing cheeses from their deli counter, not eating a meal. I asked for some ricotta cheese and the woman said they did not have any out but she would check in the back. She came back and said they only had a commercial size container. I asked if they could sell me some by the pint (they have many other things that they put in containers by weight). She said the person in back said he needed all he had. I did not feel they were interested in going out of their way to help a customer. I also was going to buy some Boar's Head natural casing franks but found their price to be high. I can get them at the grocery store for about $7 a pack. They wanted over $9. I went out of my way to buy from this store. I probably won't be going back here again. I'll stick with the better price and service from my local grocer.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

When this place gets it right, it is very, very good, but the problem here is that the food is inconsistent as to quality, preparation, and freshness. Our order today was a perfect example of those inconsistencies.

We ordered The Club Sub ($7.65) with Macaroni Salad, The Italian Sub (added hot peppers) with Potato Salad, and a Kraut Dog. The Club Sub was cold, icebox cold, to the touch, even though the butcher's paper they wrap the sandwiches in. When you order a cold sub, you expect that it will be room temperature, not 35 degrees. The sandwich was also very bland and the bread seemed stale, but it is hard to be sure at that temperature, not a choice I'd make again.

The Italian Sub ($7.17) was cool, just not as cold as the Club, but the flavors were exceptional, especially when the hot peppers kicked in with the Salami & Cappicola - this was one great sandwich, for my tastes at least. The Kraut Dog is a simple sandwich - all beef weiner, soft roll, good sharp kraut with no bitterness, and a little touch of your mustard of choice. This also was an exceptional item, simple, but still exceptional - a little pricey at $2.75.

The Macaroni Salad was overpoweringly sweet, and the Potato Salad was simply bland - I'd go with the Pasta Salad or plain old chips. The pickle spears were very nice, crisp in texture, sharp in taste. They have a variety of Italian canned items, Boars Head meats and cheeses, and some dessert items. All around, pricing is on the high side.

This is a restaurant where you need to know what they do well, and stick with it.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Always great food and atmosphere. Subs are always fresh and super tasty and service is friendly. Me and my wife has been there few days ago after we didn't visit for a while and same great service was there.

1  Thank Maestro Nenad S
Reviewed 8 June 2013

It was just okay - a lot of Boar's Head product there. Otherwise, a clean place - just not a "dining experience." More cafeteria experience.

2  Thank ash953