“Not child friendly, extremely long wait for food”
Review of L'italiano Ristorante - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Took too long for food, average at best. Will not be going back to this restaurant. So many others close by that are much better in food and service.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

We were just back from the NASCAR race and did not want to go out.This place delivered really good pasta and salads. They were reasonable, fast, hot and good.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My wife and I went there based on the other reviews. They were right on. We were in the area for only a couple nights, but enjoyed it so much, we went back for the next night, and enjoyed it equally well. First night she had grouper picata and said it was absolutely great. I had a sausage & chicken dish that was excellent. Second night she had veal picata - another hit.
I had a favorite - egg plant parmigiano. It too was great, but I made a big mistake - I ordered an appetizer (calmari) with it. Now, I'm not a picky or timid eater, but I couldn't finish. Yes, i brought it home - 200 miles. And I will have the rest for a lunch. The service is excellent; the atmosphere is friendly and casual and the price is definitely reasonable.
They don't have a website- not to worry.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and I have visited this restaurant on a couple occasion since they remodeled and the meal last night was just outstanding. I had a shrimp and grouper dish in an italian balsamic vinaigrette that was outstanding. My wife had a more traditional clam linguini which was also good. The meals come with a side and salad and they have very good homemade bread. They have a good bar with a reasonable selection of wine, beer and other mixed drinks. The service was very good and our waiter was very attentative. Not the fanciest decor that you will find in the area but very good food. I highly recommend.

1  Thank tarheeltraveler4509
Reviewed 15 May 2012

If you've never been to L'italiano Ristorante (or is it Ristorante L'italiano?), you're missing out. This is simply the best Italian food in the Triad area. My favorite dish is the Chicken Parmesan... two chicken breasts, always thin, tender and tasty! They have recently remodeled, but really need to do something about their outdated pizza-shop style tables that clearly do not match the new decor on the walls. The atmosphere for dinner is a little odd with nice white linens draped over the pizza-shop tables, but I'm hoping it's a work in progress. Honestly, I don't care what it looks like because the food there is that good. My husband and I have gone there for special occasions, including Valentine's Day (which they do take reservations for!), and the restaurant is a very busy place on Friday and Saturday nights.

1  Thank DogRunnerNC