Red Lion Hotel High Point
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Atrium Inn(High Point)
View Hotel
J.H. Adams Inn(High Point)
Great 4.5/5
Motel 6 High Point(High Point)
  • Fitness centre
Hotel N.C.(High Point)
View Hotel
Courtyard High Point(High Point)
Great 4.5/5
Quality Inn(High Point)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsradisson hoteldance competitionparents weekendbeds were comfortablecontinental breakfastindoor poolconferenceconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This is a former Best Western Hotel and the accommodations are what you would expect. The people were helpful, cheerful, and accommodating. If you are looking for value, this is not a bad deal. If you are looking for spotless and first class, you will be disappointed. But that should not stop you from staying here. I am used to Marriott Courtyards or Hilton Garden Inns and this is a step below. The breakfast wasn't bad for a buffet and the hotel was fairly quiet. Bring your own hairdryer, ladies, as I could probably produce as much air movement with my hands. The tub had some spray on coating for friction and it was a little crude. But the overall cleanliness was decent. The pillows were nice and plentiful and the bed was comfortable. I would probably consult Trip Advisor and choose elsewhere - even if it meant going to Greensboro - but $99 plus $6 for parking was a good price for graduation weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charis7
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel for the High Point Market due to close proximity to the show. If I come back to the market, I'll be sure to stay somewhere else. The building is old and dull. Dingy and dirty bathrooms made me glad I brought slippers. The tub is worn and there were no tub mats to prevent slipping - which I did. Concerned it may happen again, I nicely asked the front desk if they had mats and they never got back to me! It was advertised that they had a business center, yet when I needed to print, I was told there wasn't a business center and that there was no working printer in the hotel I can print a couple pages from! I expect a hotel to have listed amenities, especially when you know most of your guests are there on business trip for the show. They also advertised complimentary breakfast, yet when I inquired about it, they told me it was an old advertisement and that they do not offer such. I was lead to believe parking was free, but was charged for it upon check out. I received such lack-luster service during my entire stay, I left feeling very disappointed. I expect more when you're paying well above average price for such a long stay (9 days). Lacking, lacking, lacking...

2  Thank Travel_Recess
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I am in the Interior Design and Furniture Business and two times a year I go to High Point for the furniture market. We expect to pay more for the convience of staying right next to the main buildings and within walking distance of everything. We have stayed at this hotel two times before. It changed hands and has gone so far down hill that it is highly unrecongizable from the last time we stayed there. We pay over $300.00 a night for a basic hotel room with no veiw of anything when during off market season it is $35.00 a night. During market you would expect at least a free breakfast. $12- 15.00 nasty buffett and they charge extra for coffee and orange juice. Our room was dirty when we arrived and our bed was never made until until 4pm. No clean towels until much later. They charge for parking because the parking garage is owned by the city. You are not told that until you check out.
The best part of the stay is walking out the door and getting right to work..
Gerome the bell hop was great and we tipped him well..Best thing I can say about this hotel
Next time we will stay at the Four Seasons in Greensboro and drive in or take the shuttle..
I can not prove it but I have bug bites all over my back.. could not find bugs in our room but it was dirty enough for them..bring your slippers to this hotel.

2  Thank designer109
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and were very impressed with the staffs professionalism. The room was very clean, well equipped with whatever our needs were and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel lobby area, restaurant and bar areas, since renovated, were very pleasing, warm and comfortable. I would high recommend this hotel to anyone visiting, on business, vacationing, etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lewis P
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This is my first International Furniture Market and this hotel is hands down the most convenient. I was very surprised, upon entering the lobby, at how nice this place was. The pictures online are dated as it is all brand new. The lobby, restaurant and bar have also been completely redone. I checked in yesterday and everything went smoothly and quickly. The room was very clean and furnished with a very nice flat screen television. Today I had breakfast and lunch in the restaurant and the food came quick and was good quality. Overall I am impressed and will stay again in the future.