Red Lion Hotel High Point
J.H. Adams Inn(High Point)
US$180
Motel 6 High Point(High Point)
US$61
US$58
US$89
Quality Inn(High Point)
US$62
QualityInn
US$100
Courtyard High Point(High Point)
US$174
US$73
Atrium Inn(High Point)
US$87
Travelocity
All reviewsradisson hoteldance competitionparents weekendbeds were comfortablecontinental breakfastindoor poolconferenceconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This was our first stay at this motel , and I have to admit I was expecting something more . When checking in , it was fast and efficient . There was barely anyone in the Hotel . The room was clean ( although I did find someone's dirty sock on the floor ) . Nothing spectacular about the room , we paid $96.00 a night and that was with a conference discount . We ate in the res-truant , again nothing special to warrant the prices .Also the select of food was minimal . The best part of that was the Crab Bisque , and the excellent service the young woman gave us . She was friendly enough to take our photo when asked , and to find out if they had more Crab Bisque when it was not the Soup of the Day . Breakfast was over priced at best , and even on the weekends $12.00 for the Buffet not counting cost of coffee just was not worth it . Over all , the hotel at best is maybe a 3 star . I did find it clean , and most of all the staff were extremely helpful and friendly . I don't think we will stay here again unless the Conference gives us a better deal than else where .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This large hotel and conference center is adjacent to the furniture design district in High Point NC. I attended for a weekend conference and found that our room was not only clean and well maintained but had several bonus features not often seen in hotels at this price point.

Housekeeping was fantastically prompt at delivering extra linens to my room on 2 seperate occassions.

Hot water was plentiful and the tub was actually big enough to take a bath in.

Internet connectivity was the best I've encountered at ANY property with multiple access options and connecting was seamless and high speed.

While the restaurant was serving limited menu items over the weekend, the cost was more than reasonable and the portions were generous and tasty..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This is a former Best Western Hotel and the accommodations are what you would expect. The people were helpful, cheerful, and accommodating. If you are looking for value, this is not a bad deal. If you are looking for spotless and first class, you will be disappointed. But that should not stop you from staying here. I am used to Marriott Courtyards or Hilton Garden Inns and this is a step below. The breakfast wasn't bad for a buffet and the hotel was fairly quiet. Bring your own hairdryer, ladies, as I could probably produce as much air movement with my hands. The tub had some spray on coating for friction and it was a little crude. But the overall cleanliness was decent. The pillows were nice and plentiful and the bed was comfortable. I would probably consult Trip Advisor and choose elsewhere - even if it meant going to Greensboro - but $99 plus $6 for parking was a good price for graduation weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charis7
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel for the High Point Market due to close proximity to the show. If I come back to the market, I'll be sure to stay somewhere else. The building is old and dull. Dingy and dirty bathrooms made me glad I brought slippers. The tub is worn and there were no tub mats to prevent slipping - which I did. Concerned it may happen again, I nicely asked the front desk if they had mats and they never got back to me! It was advertised that they had a business center, yet when I needed to print, I was told there wasn't a business center and that there was no working printer in the hotel I can print a couple pages from! I expect a hotel to have listed amenities, especially when you know most of your guests are there on business trip for the show. They also advertised complimentary breakfast, yet when I inquired about it, they told me it was an old advertisement and that they do not offer such. I was lead to believe parking was free, but was charged for it upon check out. I received such lack-luster service during my entire stay, I left feeling very disappointed. I expect more when you're paying well above average price for such a long stay (9 days). Lacking, lacking, lacking...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Travel_Recess
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I am in the Interior Design and Furniture Business and two times a year I go to High Point for the furniture market. We expect to pay more for the convience of staying right next to the main buildings and within walking distance of everything. We have stayed at this hotel two times before. It changed hands and has gone so far down hill that it is highly unrecongizable from the last time we stayed there. We pay over $300.00 a night for a basic hotel room with no veiw of anything when during off market season it is $35.00 a night. During market you would expect at least a free breakfast. $12- 15.00 nasty buffett and they charge extra for coffee and orange juice. Our room was dirty when we arrived and our bed was never made until until 4pm. No clean towels until much later. They charge for parking because the parking garage is owned by the city. You are not told that until you check out.
The best part of the stay is walking out the door and getting right to work..
Gerome the bell hop was great and we tipped him well..Best thing I can say about this hotel
Next time we will stay at the Four Seasons in Greensboro and drive in or take the shuttle..
I can not prove it but I have bug bites all over my back.. could not find bugs in our room but it was dirty enough for them..bring your slippers to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business