“Quaint Dining”

Lakeside Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in Highlands
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Harrisburg, North Carolina
“Quaint Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Charming little restaurant with great food and attentive staff. Within walking distance from Old Edwards Inn. Excellent dining experience. Would definitely fine there again and recommend to friend.

9 Thank Sugunya M

Greenville, South Carolina
“Quaint setting focusing on the customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Chose this restaurant based on the recommendations of the inn keepers where we were staying and several other guests at the Inn as well. Set on a small lake with ducks, hummingbirds to enjoy while u enjoy your dinner. 2 in our party had steak , myself being one and I like my steak prepared well do e and mine was to perfection. The other guest had salad and tomato flourentine. Stated it was absolutely delicious. The waitress we had was very attentive and made sure we were satisfied with our dining experience. Don't miss it if you visit highlands. It's definitely worth repeat visits

• Visited May 2014
8 Thank Clemson1973
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I recently visited Highlands with my mother and we dined at Lakeside Restaurant. It was one of the best meals we have had. Fresh, perfectly seasoned seafood and a great wine selection. The dining room was charming, and the service was unbeatable. Very attentive and knowledgable staff. We started with the Unwedged salad which was very good. For entrees, my mother had the Triggerfish which she is still raving about, and I had the daily special which was a Striped Bass dish seasoned to perfection. If we are ever back in Highlands we will be sure to stop in at Lakeside again.

• Visited May 2014
9 Thank 321Reba
Clermont, Florida
“Enjoyed the Lakeside Experiance ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Small restaurant with nice character that can. The folks here were very attentive and made sure we were served well. The duck was very good and the goat cheese salad was one of our best moments of our dining trip thus far. Do not miss what these professionals have to offer on your next trek to Highlands.

5 Thank rogersober
Highlands, North Carolina
“New Ownership, As Good As Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We just had our first visit to Lakeside since the recent ownership change. We were there for our anniversary. The service was very good and the food was truly outstanding. We both had appetizers that were terrific. My wife had duck and I had triggerfish for our main dishes. My dish was one of the best I have had in sometime. My wife thought the duck was very good.
Knowing it was our anniversay, we were sent home with a bread pudding. This place has been great for years and remains so with new ownership.
I might suggest the wait staff be increased as the season gets underway. It is going to be busy.

• Visited April 2014