“food and service spectacular”

Lakeside Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 54 Restaurants in Highlands
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Greensboro, North Carolina
“food and service spectacular”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Recently dinned at Lakeside restaurant. food and service was spectacular.. enjoyed grouper with sweet potato and sage puree..my husband said the trigger fish was excellent . Finished with cherry bread pudding and mud pie.A must go to in Highlands. Highly recommend

10 Thank lorraine k

Athens, GA
“Unsurpassed in Highlands”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were in Highlands and visited all the top restaurants. While most were very good to excellent, Lakeside stood out from the rest. Our server was very attentive and friendly without overdoing it. I wish I could remember her name(she was blonde and pregnant). Lakeside is small-about a dozen tables in a nice (what else) lakeside setting. The interior feels more like someone's living room. We started with the mussel appetizer. It was very flavorful, although the mussels were a bit small. Our two fish entrees were both absolutely perfect. My wife had the triggerfish and I had the grouper with a fresh peach preparation. The portions were both generous and perfectly cooked, which is somewhat of a rarity for fresh fish in an upscale restaurant. Although we did not get salads or desserts, the ones we saw nearby looked really good. The prices are high, but about the same as other comparable restaurants in Highlands. Lakeside just happened to be the last on our list of dining out that week, but when we go back there it will certainly be at the top of the list. Also, a good wine list at fairly marked up prices. You can't go wrong.

9 Thank boodateddy
Anna Maria Island, Florida
“Wonderful Spot”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We joined some friends at Lakeside Restaurant..it was a lovely evening, attentive service from our waitress Mary, and the rest of the staff. Many selections, specials on the menu. Food was delicious, wine and drinks good...Will definitely return...it is a hidden treasure in Highlands...There are many restaurants to choose from in Highlands, and this is right at the top...

8 Thank KSH04
Plantation, Florida
“Rushed out the door”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Food was good. service was good but rushed. As soon as we advised our waitress that we weren't having desert, she bought the check and told us that she needed the table for another party who was waiting. I didn't even get to finish my wine.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank sandyhaig
Roswell, Georgia
“Glad we finally found it!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We've been coming to Highlands for many years and I don't know how we have missed this place! Maybe it is a well kept secret - it should be! Very cozy and attentive service, paired by a menu that offers variety and creative attention to each dish. My wife had a wonderful Grouper selection, and I had Crabcakes, which were excellent - strange to have seafood way up in the mountains, but the quality was that of any upscale Coast restaurant. With all of the restaurants in the area, I will definitely pick this one as a "must return"!

8 Thank TDT10_13