“1st night of 3”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Highlands
Colonial Pines Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Highlands B&B and Inns
Sarasota, Florida
“1st night of 3”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Perhaps it's a little early to boast, but, OH MY, what a gem we've found! And at the last minute, too! A little under 72 hours ago, I started looking for a place to stay in a Highlands, NC for the upcoming weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The heat of our home in Florida had just gotten on my last cool nerve! However, I was probably not the only Floridian or Georgian who had had enough of the blistering heat this weekend! EVERYTHING was booked up! I called the 4 1/2 Street Inn and the lovely innkeeper their apologized as she had just rented out her last room. She then told me to hold on while she checked her deleted emails, as "we all talk to each other so we know who's still got space." She told me the Colonial Pines still had a room, and that they were just wonderful. She then gave me their phone number. I called and spoke to Donna, who said she had just rented that last room, too. When I told her we had wanted three nights, not two, she mentioned that their offsite cottage, Rebecca's Cottage, was available. She said it has three bedrooms, and I told her it was just my husband and me so we didn't need all that space. Well, she made us an offer I couldn't refuse. She happened to have those exact three days only available, so it was a win-win for both of us! We arrived today and picked up our keys from Donna and Chris at their inn. It was absolutely lovely. I would like to try it out sometime! We then proceeded on to Rebecca's Cottage and couldn't be more thrilled. It is charming, comfortable, perfectly appointed and quite spacious. My ONLY complaint is I have to leave in 3 days! This cottage is definitely on my short list for a much longer return visit, perhaps in the Fall when the leaves are changing?

Room Tip: We stayed at Rebecca's Cottage, which has three bedrooms. The actual bed and breakfast at Coloni...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I just spent a long weekend at Colonial Pines Inn to celebrate our 9-year anniversary. Everything about the visit exceeded our expectations! Donna and Chris went out of their way to make us feel welcome and ensure we had a wonderful visit. They're a great source of information on local restaurants, hiking trails, and local activities. The inn is beautiful, immaculately clean, and so comfortable. Donna is an excellent cook. We enjoyed our morning breakfasts of egg casseroles, country ham, baked breads, and fresh fruit. After spending the day hiking or walking around town, it was nice to come back to homemade afternoon snacks and sit on the porch enjoying the view of the mountains. On our last day, we were heading home before breakfast, so the night before Donna put together a to-go breakfast for us of coffee, fruit, lemon bread, toast and jelly, and muffins. It was the wonderfully hospitable touches like this that make us want to visit the Colonial Pines Inn again and recommend it to all our friends!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent breakfast, clean rooms, excellent hosts, convenient location--within walking distance to Main Street! There's an entrance on 4 1/2 street as well as Hickory. Also, there are several great hiking and waterfalls around, particularly Dry Falls, which you can walk behind! Would definitely recommend this inn.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Marietta,GA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have been staying at Colonial Pines with Donna and Chris for 27 years and they just keep making our stays more pleasant. The inn is beautiful, walking distance to town, spotless, and they can answer every question you might have with great suggestions, You can do as much as you want or as little as you want. You can sit on the porch and read OR go down the hill and listen to David Coucheron (Concertmaster of the Atlanta Symphony and his world renowned sister, Julie at the Performing Arts Center (during the Highlands Summer Concert series) OR hike down Glen Falls (a stunning waterfall about 10 min away) or hike up Whiteside Mountain for marvelous vistas OR hear the St Paul's Episcopal Choir sing at lunchtime (two time invitees to the Spoleto Festival OR go to the Botanical Garden or whatever you want to do. The Inn is a wonderful getaway from everything. Donna's breakfasts are legendary and their hospitality is not to be equaled. We hope you enjoy yourself half as much as we always do and you will be extremely happy. Ralph and Rita

Room Tip: Breakfast comes with the B&B rooms in the main house; but we enjoy the "apartment" for...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
nyc
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The innkeepers, Donna and Chris have perfected the fine art of accommodating their guests every need while never being intrusive. I just returned from a spectacular two night vacation and I sincerely mean vacation at this beautiful property. While the name of my suite was the Bargain Basement it was only a bargain price. All of the amenities of a much more expensive space were available. The bedding was so comfortable I had to make myself get going. The entire property is beautiful and exceptionally well maintained and well appointed. The living area was very charming with a beautiful fireplace and dining room. Lovely and scrumptious "nibbles" were always available as well as tea, coffee and infused spring water. I must admit I seemed to be enjoying some delicious treat "all the time". It was delightful and so very relaxing to sip coffee or tea with a delicious homemade dessert while rocking on the wrap around porch.
Chatting with other guest confirmed their delight and total satisfaction with their rooms within the main house. Several confessed they had been coming for up to 25 years which is certainly an amazing testament to the quality of service from Donna and Chris. I look forward to returning to Highlands and will be excited to stay here again. Thanks Donna and Chris for providing such an exceptional stay.

Room Tip: I enjoyed walking the several blocks to Main Street for shopping. The Innkeepers offered transportat...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Evans, Georgia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Recently spent 2 nights at the Colonial Pines inn,which turned out to be one of the most relaxing get a ways my husband and I have experienced. Breakfast was great, innkeepers met our every need. The rooms were comfortable even without a/c,fans provided needed cooling. We would definitely return for another visit.

Room Tip: Loved the queen suite with sitting area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Wetumpka, Alabama
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Donna and Chris opened their home to us and made us feel like it was our home away from home. Walking distance to town. Sitting on large porch was very relaxing. This was our first stay here, but it will not be our last hopefully. Ted & Frances

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Highlands Inn Lodge
Highlands Inn Lodge
#5 of 7 in Highlands
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages

Been to Colonial Pines Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!