“Soft Mountain Air.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Highlands
Highlands House Bed &Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 7 Highlands B&B and Inns
McDonough, Georgia
“Soft Mountain Air.”
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Great location ~ close to downtown. We enjoyed the great hospitality ~ Colin and Raleigh you are the best! Thanks for a wonderful time, great food and "happy hour". Our dog Paddy loved the visit too! Thanks again for making us feel so welcomed!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 November 2010

What a special place. We had no idea what an experience this would be and what a beautiful treasure hidden on a country lane. My hat's off to Raleigh and Colin for the impeccable design of the home with its' floor to ceiling windows in the dining room, living room and now that I think about it, all the rooms had delightful views of the natural surroundings including two ponds and several outdoor seating areas by which to enjoy all the pleasures of the outdoors.

Did I mention the interior? Well...let me say classy, elegant, interesting and all areas well-appointed with Asian art, bone china, crystal and many one of a kind collectables. Breakfast was out of sight! Lovely presentation and oh so much variety, and it all was delicious.

Raleigh and Colin really went out of their way to make us feel at home. In fact so much so I, tried to clear the table when I was politely reminded I am the guest. Our room had everything. Nothing was overlooked from the cozy living room area with a great fireplace, a four poster bed, a sitting room along with a small kitchen and an enclosed porch...again all with floor to ceiling windows. You have to see this place to believe it.

Raleigh and Colin were absolutely delightful. Just couldn't do enough for us. They were very knowledgable about the area and recommended several good restaurants. (and by the way, no fast food restaurants in sight!) This experience is a must do!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2010

All that you could ask for in a B & B and more!!! All the rooms are beautifully decorated with a gorgeous view, and each has its own outside seating area and its own bathroom. There are an amazing number of seatings areas both inside and out. I can't wait to go back and try the ones I didn't get to!! The breakfasts were yummy and the hosts were so helpful and knowledgable about the area. The grounds are so beautiful with waterfalls and several ponds just outside the door. The shopping was great, the restaurants were really good and the leaves were magnificent!!! I'll be going back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
atlanta
Reviewed 29 October 2010

We stayed for 3 nights at the Highlands House. The surroundings are absolutely beautiful inside and out. There are 2 koi ponds to enjoy and a variety of outdoor seating areas. The owners are so gracious. It is a marvelous place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Eufaula, Alabama
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My husband and I have been traveling to Highlands since the 1980's, and our experience at Highlands House was superb. Our hosts, Colin and Raliegh, were so warm and friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable.
All the rooms were nicely appointed and had access to private outside areas. The common rooms were also available to the guests and were tastefully decorated with antiques and beautiful furnishings. The breakfasts were to-die-for, and were served in grand style as we overlooked the property's waterfall. Cocktail time each afternoon enabled us to relax and get to know the other guests as well as our hosts. Needless to say, we look forward to future trips to Highlands House. Thank you, Colin and Raliegh, for making our time in Highlands special!

Greenville, SC
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My good friend found this on T.A. and surprised me with the stay. Driving up Potter's Lane, I had some trepidation. I love out of the way, dark and quiet, but this looked overly so. On entering, I was awed. The furnishings are astounding. I immediately detected the hands of loving artists. Colin introduced himself immediately, gave us the tour and upgraded us to the waterfall room. He then introduced his life partner and both proved to be the most gracious and sophisticated hosts. A great mixture of Canada meets Palm Beach. The other guests were from Spartanburg, SC and Alabama and were delightful. Cocktail hour was very pleasant as we 8 got acquainted. 9 if you count Talulah the daschund. Normally I don't like dogs, but this one is very pleasant. The room is reasonably spacious and dark. The only issue was the bed frame, of metal, which squeaked terribly. I informed Colin of it the next morning and suggested they get a new frame or tighten and oil this one. I expected nothing more. Later, on checkout, he reduced the cost of room by $50, which was incredibly classy. Breakfast on the verandah was delightful.

The B&B is not in Highlands, but just 1 mile out of the city limits, so about 2.5 miles from downtown, if there is such a thing. Ideal if you like the woods and solitude. I cannot recommend it enough. And, it is very convenient to the waterfalls. It is open from April 30 to December 1. The fireplace suite was gorgeous and looked very inviting, but all the rooms are nice. The place is immaculate and the decorations high end Chippendale and Queen Anne. This is not your rustic inn. This is the dreamy romantic place to bring someone who truly appreciates antiques, literature and relaxation.

1 Thank ArthurMF
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We were looking for a last minute way to escape the seering Atanta July and found this place on the internet. The pickings in Highlands, NC are slim this time of year and even more difficult because we never travel without our pet. This B & B is everything you could want! The owners are fabulous --they provide a very homey feeling, lovely grounds, great breakfastsand they treat your pet like one of theirs. The setting is on a small one lane road off the main highway and incredibly convenient to anything in Highlands. The larger bedroom has its own patio, separate entrance if you prefer, a huge very modern bathroom and a lovely fireplace area. You would enjoy it at any price, but their rate is amazing considering what you get! I highly recommend this wonderful place and we plan on going back there several times this summer.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Highlands Inn Lodge
Highlands Inn Lodge
#5 of 7 in Highlands
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages

Been to Highlands House Bed &Breakfast? Share your experiences!