“excellent doesn't say enough” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 53 Restaurants in Highlands
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Highlands, North Carolina
“excellent doesn't say enough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

the freshly made pizza was amazing. Friendly staff quick serving and polite. the homemade dough and sauce to die for.. best pizza i have ever ate and would recommend anyone to stop by and have a slice.. we have a big family and one booth was plenty big enough for us to have room to eat and not need 2 tables. 20" pizza yes 20" was huge and plenty for the next morning... very pleased with the flavor of the food and will be back.

• Visited April 2014

Scaly Mountain, North Carolina, United States
“Eclectic Pizza.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have eaten at Pizza Place numerous times and it has been really good in the past and still is. But oh my goodness tonight I had the Mamma Mia Cranberry. I was looking for something a little different and it was described as an olive oil base with cranberries, pecans, gorgonzola cheese, and red onions. I added chicken cause I could, and it was the best pizza I have ever eaten. Seriously. I ordered my hubby the jalapeno popper pizza and though a little hot, it was good too. I love the cool combinations they have come up with. I can't wait to try some of the other offerings here.

• Visited February 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I order pizza to go and it was fantastic. It took a little more time than what they said, but it completely worth the wait (20 min). On their defense it was Friday after Thanksgiving. The pizza was delicious, and even this morning, cold from refrigerator...hehehehe

• Visited November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“It's Papa John's people!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I read various reviews throwing around words like awesome, great and authentic (...authentic to Domino's is even a stretch) - if you've ever had REALLY good, authentic pizza, this is NOT the place to find it. It's fine if you're looking for fast food pizza but given the other great food offerings in this small town, I was surprised this place wasn't better. For anyone who wants to open a real pizza joint in Highlands, you will have absolutely no competition. Now, I'm off to Subway to get a real, authentic sub hero.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AuntEsther
Greenville, South Carolina
“GREAT PIZZA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hit the Pizza Place on our last night. We walked in at 7:45 and had no wait, we ordered our Pizza and had a few beers while it was being cooked. Awesome staff (Gave me a remote to one of their many flat screens so I could check some college football scores) GREAT experience. Highly recommend!

Visited October 2013