“Good Que at 4400 feet!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Nice place, good food, and the drive or ride to get there is second to none. Coming up from Franklin NC to Highlands, the views and waterfalls are the best. Top it off with a stop at this place for some BBQ, and it is a winner. Big parking lot behind the restaurant, you just can't see it as you roll by if you don't stop.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hungry and tired, I just wanted something to eat without any fuss. What I got was pulled pork sliders, brunswick stew with cornbread, coleslaw, and sweet tea. I was in heaven. The food was excellent. The service was timely and friendly and knowledgable. I will be going back on my next trip to Highlands.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

To start with, we came here on a motorcycle trip and stopped because some of our group had eaten here before. We had excellent food. The Heart attack is an unusually good dish as well as the Pigwich....I had pulled pork and brisket and they were the best of my travels. Sauces are all GREAT!!!!.. All four of Us enjoyed our time and the staff at The Highlands Smokehouse....just wish I had eaten a lighter breakfast before hand!!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went to the Smokehouse today specifically for their special on Chicken Wings (Tuesdays 50 a piece). They prepare them different from other restaurants. The wings are smoked which seems to remove some of the fat in the skin. Then upon order, they are deep fried and served any way you want for the sauce. We had ours on the side. Plan to go back again. We had had their ribs before. Nice clean atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was craving ribs, and I got to taste some really good ones. Aside from that....dried out corn pudding, very tough collards and the strangest cornbread I have ever eaten and I am a dyed in the wool Southern lady, several decades old, and would not call that cornbread. Our server was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. She was nice, and doing all she could and apologized for long wait, but they were very short staffed - very!!

1  Thank carollyn50