“Friendly and nice ! ”

Highlands Inn Lodge
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Highlands
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We recently visited highlands for the annual Christmas parade! We had reservations at another hotel but they called and cancelled on us! We found the highlands inn lodge and they were very nice from the beginning! We were able to bring our little girl and her puppy up for the parade ! This hotel is pet friendly, clean and offers a nice breakfast! They even had a "doggy" bag full of treats waiting for us. The staff is very nice and will help in any way possible! We were even able to get a fridge placed in our room for our child's milk and stuff! We will defiantly be staying here again!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Scarlett1234

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel is in a great location in the Highlands, located just at the edge of town it is QUIET! Walking distance to main street, but if you prefer to drive there is plenty of parking. We had a suite with two rooms. Bed was comfy and room was clean for the most part. The tub was old and stained but huge! The staff is quite friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical of a Hampton Inn, which the TV set says it is, yet the staff say it is not. They had a little issue with some leaky ceiling in the lobby which we pointed out to the night staff. The area rugs were a trip hazard in my opinion and they taped them down, which looked rather tacky, but it is better than someone tripping and hurting themselves. The place just needs a really good facelift, and I think it could really be beautiful, but it would cost major $$$.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely room with a balcony and a gas fireplace. The hotel had been a Hampton Inn and is now privately owned by folks who also run a historic inn downtown. Everything was as advertised. Breakfast was fine and warm cookies in the afternoon were a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The good: The staff was incredibly helpful. They allowed us to upgrade from a single room to a suite for one-half of the price thereby saving us $100.00 over 3 nights. The bed was extremely comfortable--one of the most comfortable that I've had in any hotel. The jacuzzi bathtub/shower was a nice touch. Also, the nightly baked cookies were a source of delight for my daughter who made sure that she got a cookie EVERY night.

The bad: We had a gas fireplace and after the first night it was constantly not working properly. Maintenance came and examined it and said that it needed a $250.00 part and that it would take several days before it would be fixed because 2 other units had failed and they had no more of the $250.00 parts onsite. The TV sets were simply not acceptable for a hotel of this caliber. I expect flat screen/HD TVs in destination hotels that cost at least $150.00 per night. Not acceptable.

The ugly: Nothing too bad. But the decor, TV and other "artifacts" conspired to really bring the experience down to what one would expect at a hotel near an interstate. Little effort was spent trying to make the rooms feel well-appointed.

I would give his place 3.5 stars if possible. I understand it's expensive because it's in an expensive vacation resort type of town. But it needs work. Without the friendly staff the place could have been surfing in 2 to 3 start territory.

Room Tip: I'd get a room facing away from the park lot to have a view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Wrosenfelt
Reviewed 10 September 2013

So I stayed here a few times 6-8 years ago when this place was the hampton inn. I booked again thinking, "how much could this place have changed?" Ha. Answer: A Lot.

We were placed in room #1. The toilet ran off an on all night. The bathroom is dying for a renovation as is the whole place. The 4 measly pillows were lumpy as was the comforter. The room was damp. The tv? A Zenith from 15 years ago. The furniture looked older. I can usually handle a fair amount of "old", however the hairs I found (one on my pillow) make me want to gag. i wore flip flops on the carpet in my room. If the surroundings were such, I could only imagine what was hiding in the carpet.

One fun game I played while there was "Hampton Inn or New Owners"
Classic black framed wall art? Hampton Inn
Random ill fitting table by elevator in Lobby? New Owners
Comforter Duvet? Hampton Inn
Random "mountain chic" clutter? New Owners

I decided that I couldn't handle being there another night. Even though we prepaid, I decided it wasn't worth $100 to struggle through another night. I think I've decided that Hampton Inn was trying to decide to renovate or sell and ultimately chose to sell. And then the new owners, rather than renovate, decided to "decorate"

Room Tip: ask for one of the rooms on lobby level or above.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mekmkf
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We spent a great two nights here. Rooms were clean and up to par, staff was helpful and overall facilities were what we expected. Price was right and the chocolate chip cookies were wonderful. Walked to the restaurant up on the hill and had a nice meal. No complaints here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marina S
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place was just what we needed. Up on the hill. Renovations of the lobby look great. Landscape is beautiful and rooms with a refridge. Our parents stayed in a suite. This Lodge was clean and well maintained. We will return. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank dave r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
The Park On Main Hotel
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Highlands Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!