“Soooooooooo slooooooowww!”

Highlands, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Soooooooooo slooooooowww!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Good beer and good food but always understaffed. If you have the patience it's worth the wait. Good NCAA beers and great value, but service is very slow and the kitchen needs more bodies to get food out. I live in highlands so I'm a local.

1 Thank wade2753

Vero Beach, Florida
“Catch you on the... Well, you know”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Popped in here for lunch today. Glad I did! They have NC beers on tap and awesome burgers! I got the Southern Burger which has pimiento cheese and bacon. Dee-lish! Cole slaw was nice and wet as well, which is the way I like it. They also offer fries or rings as sides but I didn't try those. Place is very family friendly as there was a big table with a bunch of kids. Tommy was my waiter and even though it was fairly busy he provided excellent service and had a really great attitude.

Visited April 2014
Georgia
“Snowy hamburger craving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

While driving through the mountains enjoying the snow falling, we thought we would grab a burger. We used a search site and came up with this hamburger joint. Let me say that it was 19 degrees outside and not much warmer than that inside! The waitress, yes one, was wearing a jacket , scarf and wool headband...should have taken that as a clue!
It is a very small place and every time the door opened you were hit with the icy air.
We all got burgers..I got the southern with the pimento cheese. The burgers were good but the buns were very thick and just way too much bread. Fries great, as well as the onion rings.

• Visited November 2013
Ocala, Florida
“The smell drew us in.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The food was great and the service was good too. They were quick and pleasant. Only downfall was it was cash only when we went.

• Visited September 2013
Lexington, South Carolina
“GREAT Burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Sometimes you just want a hamburger! I rode through Highlands, got to the last stop light and was turning around and there it was, kinda hidden off Main Street. When I parked, there were 4 motorcycles in the parking lot. I always heard motorcycle guys always eat at places with good food. Well this was not good food, it was great food! I had the Southern Burger, it came with, pimento cheese, bacon, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato and jalapeños! You also get a side, I got homemade onion rings all for $8!! The waitress was very good at her job and my glass was never empty.
I absolutely would return to Flip Side to eat again, best burger I have had in a long time!

• Visited September 2013