“Inconsistent quality”
Review of Flip Side - CLOSED

Flip Side
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have eaten here many times. Every time I eat here I order my burger well-done and have never received it more done than medium rare. I will never order a burger here again. If you want basic stuff like grilled cheese and fries then this is the place.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Good beer and good food but always understaffed. If you have the patience it's worth the wait. Good NCAA beers and great value, but service is very slow and the kitchen needs more bodies to get food out. I live in highlands so I'm a local.

1  Thank wade2753
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Popped in here for lunch today. Glad I did! They have NC beers on tap and awesome burgers! I got the Southern Burger which has pimiento cheese and bacon. Dee-lish! Cole slaw was nice and wet as well, which is the way I like it. They also offer fries or rings as sides but I didn't try those. Place is very family friendly as there was a big table with a bunch of kids. Tommy was my waiter and even though it was fairly busy he provided excellent service and had a really great attitude.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

While driving through the mountains enjoying the snow falling, we thought we would grab a burger. We used a search site and came up with this hamburger joint. Let me say that it was 19 degrees outside and not much warmer than that inside! The waitress, yes one, was wearing a jacket , scarf and wool headband...should have taken that as a clue!
It is a very small place and every time the door opened you were hit with the icy air.
We all got burgers..I got the southern with the pimento cheese. The burgers were good but the buns were very thick and just way too much bread. Fries great, as well as the onion rings.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The food was great and the service was good too. They were quick and pleasant. Only downfall was it was cash only when we went.