“Authentic Italian”

Gainesville, Georgia, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have enjoyed Rustico many times since they opened in Highlands in 2012. Great food, great service, and a very nice setting.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank David B

Irmo, South Carolina
“New Favorite in Highlands!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed wonderful Italian food in a lovely log cabin. We were seated on the enclosed porch at a very romantic table. Service was very attentive but not intrusive. The lasagne was like your Italian Grandma would serve. Lovely atmosphere, food, and service!

1 Thank tigergirluscmom
“Disappointing Service”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Rustico was highly recommended and we were anxious to try it. The food was very good but the service was very slow and not very friendly. The waiter did not introduce himself and did not check on us throughout our meal. I had to flag down the hostess to refill water and get a glass of wine. We will probably not return.

1 Thank Dackwest
florida
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I had a lovely dinner at Rustico. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Highlands, and it seems my husband and I always gravitate to the same ones each summer. Rustico has not been on that list and I was a bit hesitant after reading some of the online reviews but we had a very pleasant experience.

First of all, let me say that the service was consistent and very good. Our server, Jim, made some good wine suggestions which panned out to be excellent.He greeted us immediately, was outgoing and personable. He had excellent suggestions for wine which we ordered and were quite pleased with the outcome. When asked, he made recommendations from the menu as well. My husband ordered the Bolognese which he felt was outstanding. I had a very tasty chicken with prosciutto dish with a nice demi-glaze sauce. In addition, we both ordered salads. My husband tried the ugly tomato salad which he thoroughly enjoyed and I enjoyed a first rate the arugula-beet salad. The only tiny flaw that I can recall is that our server was not very knowledgeable about the mushroom soup which was a special on that evening.

Once again, after reading some of the online reviews I was hesitant since some others had had concerns about the service, but I can say that our service was first rate. Other servers stopped by to ask if we needed anything and a very pleasant young lady brought bread and went out of her way to be accommodating. Plates were cleared quickly and efficiently, yet we were not rushed.

The atmosphere is casual and although were not seated on the porch (which I suppose many prefer) we enjoyed the atmosphere of the "log cabin" feel in the main areas. We will be back!!

2 Thank gbogan
Atlanta
“Excellent food in a lovely log cabin setting”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Rustico was recommended to me by my uncle who has a home in Highlands. He says it's his favorite place. I can see why. The food was excellent and the service/staff very friendly. I had the Seafood Risotto and it was amazing.

Visited October 2013