“One of the best Thai restaurants I have ever visited!”
Review of Ghangri - CLOSED

Ghangri
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My husband and i had visited Highlands before and upon return were delighted to learn that a new Thai restaurant had opened. We both enjoy Thai food and so had to try it out. I selected the Panang Curry with Beef. It was the best that I have ever had! The menu also offers some unique dishes besides the basics that sounded amazing.The atmosphere will not disappoint either- very comfy and cozy. I would highly recommend; I know that we will definitely be back!

1  Thank kk1678

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We got a first taste of the quality of Ghangri's cuisine last fall at the Taste of Highlands at the country club. Ghangri really stood out and we knew it would be very special.
Considering ourselves as amateur food critics, we embarked on our testing of all the best, the various restaurants had to offer. Living a majority of the year in Highlands, we are so fortunate to have more than our fair share of "World Class" restaurants. Great to have Ghangri to add to that list. With an aspiring vegetarian/ vegan in the family, this place offers many outstanding dishes that fit that bill, but they work equally well for those that are of the meat eating persuasion. The appetizers, ie:basil rolls and the accompanying sauces are so terrific. I think the Bangkok Garden is so wonderful. I keep having it over and over. The peanut sauce is out of this world. Ghangri, opened in the fall of 2012 right after the season, so it has been easy to get in this winter to get a table. I am sure the secret will be out this summer and it will be wildly popular. My other favorite Asian Fusion is Betel Nut in San Francisco. The quality is comparable, but Ghangri will need to add a few more selections to be totally on a par. Keep up the great job!

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Ghangri (the name is spelled wrong on TripAdvisor!), is a great restaurant addition to Highlands. If you want traditional Thai dishes, this restaurant does not disappoint. Panang Chicken Curry and Satay Chicken are among my favorites. I'm not sure if it is Thai or not, but their fried ice cream dessert is DELICIOUS!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

...Ok, it's the only Thai in Highlands.

But great Thai in an intimate setting. Easy to walk to from any place you might stay in town.