“Great place for something different”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ghangri - CLOSED

Ghangri
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Sushi, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great place for something different”
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant and we did enjoy the cusine. The menu was authentic and we enjoyed what we ordered. The service was ok but not fabulous. No drinks refilled in time but a great effort was made for extra chili sauces. Something that annoyed us was we were seated side by side with a very loud table that went on and on, on opinionated topics. Now this is not the restaurants fault but there were plenty of empty tables and we could have been seated further away. That obviously made the entire meal disappointing.

atlanta
“New Thai restaurant located in old Wild Thyme location”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Only had time for a quick, light lunch. The basil rolls were deliciously fresh and tasty and the vegetable soup had ample vegetables in a wonderful broth. The dinner menu looks great and I look forward to trying the boneless crispy duck. Impressed with service and freshness. The enclosed patio area was a little warm and stuffy, so we opted to sit in the main foyer dining area. It appears that the outside seating won't be as utilized as it was when it was Wild Thyme.

• Visited April 2013
“One of the best Thai restaurants I have ever visited!”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My husband and i had visited Highlands before and upon return were delighted to learn that a new Thai restaurant had opened. We both enjoy Thai food and so had to try it out. I selected the Panang Curry with Beef. It was the best that I have ever had! The menu also offers some unique dishes besides the basics that sounded amazing.The atmosphere will not disappoint either- very comfy and cozy. I would highly recommend; I know that we will definitely be back!

1 Thank kk1678
Highlands, North Carolina, United States
“Great Asian Fusion”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We got a first taste of the quality of Ghangri's cuisine last fall at the Taste of Highlands at the country club. Ghangri really stood out and we knew it would be very special.
Considering ourselves as amateur food critics, we embarked on our testing of all the best, the various restaurants had to offer. Living a majority of the year in Highlands, we are so fortunate to have more than our fair share of "World Class" restaurants. Great to have Ghangri to add to that list. With an aspiring vegetarian/ vegan in the family, this place offers many outstanding dishes that fit that bill, but they work equally well for those that are of the meat eating persuasion. The appetizers, ie:basil rolls and the accompanying sauces are so terrific. I think the Bangkok Garden is so wonderful. I keep having it over and over. The peanut sauce is out of this world. Ghangri, opened in the fall of 2012 right after the season, so it has been easy to get in this winter to get a table. I am sure the secret will be out this summer and it will be wildly popular. My other favorite Asian Fusion is Betel Nut in San Francisco. The quality is comparable, but Ghangri will need to add a few more selections to be totally on a par. Keep up the great job!

• Visited January 2013
“It's great having a Thai restaurant in Highlands!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Ghangri (the name is spelled wrong on TripAdvisor!), is a great restaurant addition to Highlands. If you want traditional Thai dishes, this restaurant does not disappoint. Panang Chicken Curry and Satay Chicken are among my favorites. I'm not sure if it is Thai or not, but their fried ice cream dessert is DELICIOUS!