“Spectacular Golf Holes”
Review of Old Edwards Club

Old Edwards Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Old Edwards Club is part of the Forbes Four-Star Old Edwards Inn and Spa in Highlands, North Carolina. It is a members-only club that is also accessible by guests of Old Edwards Inn and Spa and 200 Main by Old Edwards. In addition to a Tom Jackson sculpted course, Old Edwards Club features a full clubhouse with The Grill Room, full bar, chimney terrace, fitness center and ladies and mens lounges. Also on property are clay tennis courts and an outdoor heated mineral pool. The course itself is an architectural marvel with inspiring views from elevated tees and greens cascading along the Eastern Continental Divide. Players of all levels enjoy perfect conditioning, warm southern hospitality and superb mountain golf. Jackson designed the course from the natural topography of the mountain plateau, providing a captivating 18-hole design with an intriguing dual personality. The front side lulls you into a serene mountain valley of greenery and meandering streams. As you approach the turn, a 250 foot ascent delivers you to the 10th tee giving you the feeling of being on top of the world. The next three holes take you around one of the highest ridges of golf on the east coast. Your final descent toward the clubhouse takes you alongside a shear granite cliff on the right-hand side of number 18.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have play a lot of mountain courses and the views, number 10 and 18, at Old Edwards are second to none that I have visited! This is a top notch golf club and everything is first class from the driving range to the high tech golf carts! They go out of their way to make sure you have an experience you will not forget. Everyone was helpful and willing to do what ever you needed to enjoy your 18 holes of golf. It is a challenging course with some unbelievable golf holes.
I highly recommend this track if you are in the area!

2  Thank Robbie H

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I played here yesterday (Tuesday 8/13) and had a ball. Carol and I are staying at the Old Edwards Inn in town and I took the opportunity to play 18 holes at this course for the first time. What an experience!!!! Breathtaking views, challenging holes and beautifully maintained. From the moment I got out of my car, Josh, knew who I was and was ready to help!!!

Despite some rainy conditions, I had a ball. Although I was erratic in my scoring,
5 pars and 4 triples, I enjoyed every minute. The advice I got from others in the Inn, the back nine is harder than the front(true) and keep your driver in the bag(quite appropriate).

I cannot speak highly enough of this facility. Despite lousy conditions to start and finish(rain), I had a great time and was awe struck with the beauty of the course design.

TIP: Keep your driver in the bag!!!

1  Thank Frank O
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have played this course many times as I live in Highlands, dating back to when it was called Highlands Cove before OEI purchased it. The course is in better shape now than it used to be, but it is too contrived for me. The two nines are completely different. One is mountainous and the other is flat. The mountain nine is just too "mountainey" with shots over ravines and down steep drops. Mountain golf isn't really like that. I suppose it is ok for something different to do, but I wouldn't play there more than once in a great while, given the cost. I will say the clubhouse is great and the service is excellent. There are just several golf courses in the area that are much better.

1  Thank djdyal
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This gorgeous Country Club is part of one of our favorite Inns in the country - The Old Edwards. It's a private club, but as guests at OEI, you are entitled to use the Club for dining, golf, and I think swimming and tennis. We merely had lunch here and it was outstanding and as beautiful as you'd expect, being part of OEI. As with most Country Clubs, it's sporty casual and you can eat at the bar, in the restaurant, or out on a LOVELY covered deck with great views. It would have been a bit chilly for us outside but I think that would be the prime spot on a warmer day. The Clubhouse is in the architectural style we've come to know and admire and just call Highlands Style. That's just a perfect mix of rustic and elegant with lots of native stone and wood. The landscaping is natural, uncontrived but still elegant. If you're staying at The Old Edwards - don't miss the chance to visit this beautiful and friendly Club. Just be sure to check their schedule (especially during the off season or fringe season) as they're not open every day and also let them know at the Inn when you'd like to go since this IS private, they'd like to know who you are before you arrive.

3  Thank gogirl51